AOA Forums

AOA Forums (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/)
-   Cooling & Temperature Monitoring (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/34-cooling-and-temperature-monitoring/)
-   -   The craziest CPU Cooler in existence? (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/cooling-and-temperature-monitoring/40809-craziest-central-processing-unit-cooler-existence.html)

skool h8r 23rd March, 2007 05:58 PM

The craziest CPU Cooler in existence?
 
Hi all,
i've just seen this new Coolermaster CPU HSF and wow, it's absolutely crazy:
http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Produ...oductID=500675

http://www.scan.co.uk/images/products/500675-A.jpg

Now looking at that design, i wonder why it's took so long to come up with something like this as this would appear to be one of the most effective designs i've ever seen. And looking that it has 4 heatpipes is no doubt a good thing. The only thing that would make it better would be if it was 4 dual-heatpipes.

And it looks pretty stunning as well. But is it me, or would it look perfect in the Lian Li Snail? :rolling:

GrahamGarside 23rd March, 2007 06:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've seen crazier

Daniel ~ 23rd March, 2007 07:59 PM

"The craziest CPU Cooler in existence?"

Well damn, that has to come close! I wouldn't have been able to guess what it was, that has to count for something! ":O}

How she do the do?

Daniel ~ 23rd March, 2007 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrahamGarside
I've seen crazier

I think he meant cost effective cooling, not everyone can afford a Graham! Use your your head! See! Now your all out of stock anyway!

aghastpumpkin 23rd March, 2007 08:31 PM

http://www.legitreviews.com/images/r...tor_system.jpg

skool h8r 24th March, 2007 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aghastpumpkin

Wow! Hell yes, i like that setup!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrahamGarside
I've seen crazier

You crack me up! I actually lolled at that!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel ~
Use your your head!

He looks like he was about to headbut it anyway! ;) :ying: :D

tiamat63 24th March, 2007 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel ~
not everyone can afford a Graham! Use your head! See! anyway!


well, look at the bright side, you didnt necessarily call him a cheap man whore :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

skool h8r 31st March, 2007 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seperah
well, look at the bright side, you didnt necessarily call him a cheap man whore :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

:rolling: :rolling: Oh dear, that was clasic! :thumbsup:

Samuknow 31st March, 2007 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aghastpumpkin


So what is that thing. Is it TEC cooled?

skool h8r 31st March, 2007 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samuknow
So what is that thing. Is it TEC cooled?

I thought it was nito cooled but due to the lack of a compressor or chamber, it seems to be plain old water-cooled! I was more amazed at the fact that it has Dominator DDR2 and cooler, an 8800GTX, and looking at the CPU retention mechanism, a C2D (probably a QX6800 or something similar if it matches the rest of the rig) unless it's an AM2 6000+.

Samuknow 31st March, 2007 02:44 PM

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/473/1/

Favu 31st March, 2007 02:58 PM

thanks for the link Sam! Looks like a tasty bit of kit... if only it was cheaper ;)

skool h8r 31st March, 2007 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samuknow

Ah, so it's a hybrid! That's an awesome idea! Thermo-Electro-Liquid Cooling (TELC)? I am quite impressed. It's only 40W (excluding the pump and fans) power draw. The only problem i can se
e is the space it might need in a case because evn though it's quite compact, you'd probably need a seperate, quite-large compartment.

I'm thinking of getting back into Water-cooling. I only need a rad and some new hose to complete that Thermaltake Coolwater SE kit that i never completely sold. But then again, i do need another HDD and i really want an 8600GTS when they're released.

But my 7600GT does a mighty fine job with my current gaming habits. Plus i don't have enough (i'm about 1/2-3/4 of the way there) to buy it (if it's gonna be the £125-£140 that is predicted). I don't desperately need another HDD. But then again, i need WaterCooling even less.

I think i'm gonna officially run out of money that i got from my job but considering i left in January, that's not too bad.

I think i'll save a bit more and get a 500Gb Samsung.

Then again i could just save it and see what appears in the next few months.

Samuknow 31st March, 2007 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skool h8r
Ah, so it's a hybrid! That's an awesome idea! Thermo-Electro-Liquid Cooling (TELC)? I am quite impressed. It's only 40W (excluding the pump and fans) power draw. The only problem i can se
e is the space it might need in a case because evn though it's quite compact, you'd probably need a seperate, quite-large compartment.

I'm thinking of getting back into Water-cooling. I only need a rad and some new hose to complete that Thermaltake Coolwater SE kit that i never completely sold. But then again, i do need another HDD and i really want an 8600GTS when they're released.

But my 7600GT does a mighty fine job with my current gaming habits. Plus i don't have enough (i'm about 1/2-3/4 of the way there) to buy it (if it's gonna be the £125-£140 that is predicted). I don't desperately need another HDD. But then again, i need WaterCooling even less.

I think i'm gonna officially run out of money that i got from my job but considering i left in January, that's not too bad.

I think i'll save a bit more and get a 500Gb Samsung.

Then again i could just save it and see what appears in the next few months.

The ramblings of Scott...We now return you to your regularly scheduled program...

skool h8r 31st March, 2007 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samuknow
The ramblings of Scott...We now return you to your regularly scheduled program...

:D Consider it sigged! :rolling:

Azriel 1st April, 2007 01:53 AM

I dunno, I was thinking the other day (dangerous territory), and I really don't understand, of all the liquids we could use for liquid cooling, why use water? Acetone sounds good to me. It absorbs heat a lot faster, and boils at 134F. might be a good phase change. I have a mustang heater core sitting here, and I can get a 9psi ghetto 12v fuel pump for like $35. Just make everything with fuel hose, and it should hold up to the acetone. I know that leak checking would be a LOT more important with a flamable coolant, but whadda ya think?

Samuknow 1st April, 2007 01:59 AM

It's your house....I would love to see what it will do.

Daniel ~ 1st April, 2007 05:30 PM

Seems very dangerous, given what one would hope to gain...Especially with much safer alternatives available.... You don't want to spend your life as Lobster-man.":O}

dsio 2nd April, 2007 08:12 AM

Yea, but we love that.

Safe and reliable is boring. Borderline explosive is where its at these days.

Bought a pair of 178W Peltiers recently, as I still had a management system for them from long ago, and I figure the 360mm TT rad has more than enough capacity.

Still at the working out what to use to power them stage though. Car batteries on trickle charge is the more traditional method, but far from clean.

The plan would be:

Waterblock
-------------
Peltier
Peltier
-------------
Coldplate
-------------
Athlon 64

keithwalton 2nd April, 2007 10:55 AM

Is 178w enough power on your peltier though (that will probably be power draw not cooling power which is alot less) so you may want them in parallel and not series.
But series peltiers would be crazy if it worked and that the 2nd peltier didnt kill the first (whats the operating temperatures since you'll be dragging the hot side below room temp!)
As for powering them, lab grade 12v psu should do the trick if you can pull enough current off it (you may need two..)


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:18 AM.


Copyright ©2001 - 2010, AOA Forums


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0