AOA Forums

AOA Forums (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/)
-   Cooling & Temperature Monitoring (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/34-cooling-and-temperature-monitoring/)
-   -   Beware Radio Shack or (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/cooling-and-temperature-monitoring/45455-beware-radio-shack-or.html)

PorPorMe 5th August, 2008 02:32 AM

Beware Radio Shack or

A sucker is born every minute! Did I get had! OH they good! I asked if they had thermal compound and they did. Two of them.Both are packages By Thermaltake with a tube/syringe inside, Super Thermal Silver Compound and High-Density Thermal Compound. I get one of each. later I pull them out to take a close look at what i got and when i cut the tubes out of the package, was I surprised! Arctic Silver 5 and C`eramique` by Arctic Silver.
Everything about the packaging is Thermaltake.
I had to get a magnifying glass to read the specifications on each package.
They are exactly the same-to the letter. The P/N is different. So is the price. Ingredients and specs are not.:mad:

robbie 5th August, 2008 03:05 AM

Most people SWEAR by AS... ya didn't really loose out on much. Honestly, I would pick AS over TT any day.

PorPorMe 5th August, 2008 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robbie (Post 478222)
Most people SWEAR by AS... ya didn't really loose out on much. Honestly, I would pick AS over TT any day.

That is not the point at all. I was going to get some Ac anyway. its Being sold a bill of goods. I really don't know what I bought. I have 2 tubes that are labeled AC 5 and AC ceramic. Out of packages that are labeled Thermaltake thermal compound and to ad insult to injury, both have the exact same ingredients and specifications but not the same price. You tell me-what are they? AC? TT? Different Compounds? Same? What?

MUff1N 5th August, 2008 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PorPorMe (Post 478224)
That is not the point at all. I was going to get some Ac anyway. its Being sold a bill of goods. I really don't know what I bought. I have 2 tubes that are labeled AC 5 and AC ceramic. Out of packages that are labeled Thermaltake thermal compound and to ad insult to injury, both have the exact same ingredients and specifications but not the same price. You tell me-what are they? AC? TT? Different Compounds? Same? What?

Only Radioshack suppliers know for sure exactly "who" made this and they would know exactly what it is. :rolleyes:

This is the main reason I went ahead and spent a few extra bucks for the "Real Deal" so I knew exactly what I was getting and what to expect from it!
To keep my CPU nice and cool was worth ever bit of the $7 I paid for AS5! ;)

danrok 5th August, 2008 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PorPorMe (Post 478224)
I have 2 tubes that are labeled AC 5 and AC ceramic.

Be careful, sounds like you might have the glue type paste. If so, don't use that, unless you want things to be permanently stuck together.

MUff1N 5th August, 2008 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danrok (Post 478251)
Be careful, sounds like you might have the glue type paste. If so, don't use that, unless you want things to be permanently stuck together.

With the way the packaging and labeling is on that who knows what you got!?
You might want to try it out on a couple of pieces of scrap metal to see if it glues them together or not first...:rolleyes: