AOA Forums

AOA Forums (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/)
-   Cooling & Temperature Monitoring (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/34-cooling-and-temperature-monitoring/)
-   -   100F or 38C (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/cooling-and-temperature-monitoring/47632-100f-or-38c.html)

cloasters 29th July, 2009 10:34 PM

100F or 38C

We've equaled the record today. 52C proc temp, bless those OCing fans!

Gizmo 29th July, 2009 11:11 PM

With your climate, do you even HAVE air-conditioning?

PorPorMe 30th July, 2009 01:33 PM

I've started running stock-untill this heat blast goes by. Keeps it simple and me un-worried!

Gizmo 30th July, 2009 05:00 PM

So, no-one's answered my question yet.

Given that the normal summer climate in the Pacific Northwest is what I would consider quite tolerable, is air-conditioning even all that common up there?

Daniel ~ 30th July, 2009 05:20 PM

I don't have it, that's for sure! LOL

Gizmo 30th July, 2009 06:03 PM

Oh dude, that MASSIVELY sucks! At those temps, and with your humidity, that's got to be absolutely MISERABLE.

Our humidity here runs around 90% most of the summer, and when the temp gets to about 90, we've got to turn the AC on. You'll just be sitting in your chair, not doing anything, and you'll be covered in sweat.

When it hits 100, that's just plain miserable.

Daniel ~ 30th July, 2009 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gizmo (Post 495668)
So, no-one's answered my question yet.

Given that the normal summer climate in the Pacific Northwest is what I would consider quite tolerable, is air-conditioning even all that common up there?

The humidity really hasn't be that bad, It's a marine climate, where it can be as dry as a desert walking along the Ocean shore...When we get hot...think San Diego, it feels just like San Diego. Which I NEVER liked in the Summer, Tis why I'm in Seattle! ":O}

PorPorMe 31st July, 2009 12:00 AM

I have AC in Spokane but at these temps, the best it can do is 80F and of coarse the heat of the two rigs (soon to be three!) I'm running.
I can feel the difference from walking 10 feet. It has to be 85 or better where I'm sitting.
I think this calls for a shut down untill 7 or 8 tonite. Let the AC catch up!

Daniel ~ 31st July, 2009 04:00 AM

I just bop in three or four times to see what's going on....then shut down again...

cloasters 6th September, 2009 03:07 AM

We reached a new record during that hot spell. 103F. Air conditioning is pretty rare in homes around here. Don't know anyone who has it. Zip ahead to almost Labor Day. Cool, cloudy and it's supposed to be rainy and cold for the holiday. Always.. you know how it goes!

cloasters 17th December, 2009 09:27 PM

And it was in the teens here a week or so ago. Complain, complain. Who, me?

Daniel ~ 17th December, 2009 11:16 PM

"When the world was better."

Has anyone noticed that the world was better precisely when there were fewer of us here? I think this may be more than a simple coincidence!

Samuknow 18th December, 2009 12:57 AM

I'm not sure it was. I was not here then.

Daniel ~ 18th December, 2009 05:49 AM

It wasn't. But there were fewer us of creating hell on Earth...":O}

ccperf721p 18th December, 2009 07:22 AM

39 years in phoenix and all but a couple of years have been exactly the same. 110 - 115 highs in the dead of summer, 34 - 36 lows in the winter. One year it was 122 for a high, and one year there was a 1/4" of snow on the ground.. I sure could use some climate change. A climate that had more than 2 weeks of spring and fall would be nice.

chrisbard 18th December, 2009 07:46 AM

How does -5C -7C sounds lads? We have that here this morning and -10C during the night! All I can say is yayks

Kaitain 18th December, 2009 02:38 PM

Apparently the view from in front of my house in the UK was of a few inches of snow. We haven't had snow like that for a good few years in our area. Normally a light dusting that refuses to settle.

Shame I'm not there to enjoy it - I'd have liked to teach the lad how to make snowmen...

Quote:

Originally Posted by D ~
Has anyone noticed that the world was better precisely when there were fewer of us here? I think this may be more than a simple coincidence!

Really? And here was I thinking that in the "good old days", lives were nasty, brutish and short.

Daniel ~ 18th December, 2009 07:56 PM

Quote:

Really? And here was I thinking that in the "good old days", lives were nasty, brutish and short.
Depending on where you live...mostly human lives still are

Quote:

Has anyone noticed that the world was better precisely when there were fewer of us here?
I think anyone would be hard put to deny that for most of the worlds inhabitants (Non human) the world was better before we arrived...

ccperf721p 18th December, 2009 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel ~ (Post 501740)
Depending on where you live...mostly human lives still are

I think anyone would be hard put to deny that for most of the worlds inhabitants (Non human) the world was better before we arrived...

I am not sure the dinosaurs would have agreed in their last days.

Daniel ~ 18th December, 2009 08:45 PM

They had a good run... maybe they were tired of scales by then":O}

How some ever The Dino Holocaust and the arrival of humans have been to two of the great Eco-disasters for the planet... just saying...":O}