AOA Forums

AOA Forums (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/)
-   Cooling & Temperature Monitoring (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/34-cooling-and-temperature-monitoring/)
-   -   laptop cooling!!!! (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/cooling-and-temperature-monitoring/50424-laptop-cooling.html)

sasrob 9th April, 2012 09:06 PM

laptop cooling!!!!

iv got a i5/GT 525M normal use "media/net" my temps do not hit over 55c just searching the net it down to 45c.

what is the highest acceptable temp for gaming? i looked up on nvidia web site but could only see the 560m has a 110c maxs but just cant find anything on the GT 525 M which is what im looking in to.

Gizmo 11th April, 2012 05:51 AM

Depends on your comfort level. Laptop parts are generally rated to run hotter than their desktop counterparts due to the generally inferior cooling available in laptops.

For my own use, I prefer to keep my lappy under 75C at max load.

sasrob 13th April, 2012 05:52 PM

iv done some mods to the laptop with 4 ram heatseeks on top of the GPU. Now iv got the GPU temp down to 85c in game play. I know i could just lower graphic setting in games but i like seeing games graphics at the highest i can do. i'm using arctic silver 5 paste so in time this should lower temp by 2c to 3c only time will tell if the nvidia chip will last.

robbie 21st April, 2012 08:14 PM

Have you tried a cooling pad for your laptop?

sasrob 21st April, 2012 08:45 PM

yes been using the cooler master plus iv mod that for max's air flow. very limited laptop cooling really.

robbie 22nd April, 2012 04:04 AM

I have an Acer laptop that I picked up and thay sucker gets pretty hot just running netflix. I ise to have a pad but the kids used and I don't know were it is. Time for a new one I guess.
BlackBerry8330m/4.5.0.186 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104

sasrob 22nd April, 2012 09:05 AM

heat is a killer to any pc/console. if a laptop is over a year old and never been cleaned out then the dust would block the fan from doing it job. At worst could destroy the parts by over heating. Most common thing is a slow system that lags and can cut off at random times. Manufacturer love this fact as then know the system will be fine for a year. If they supplied a removable dust filter this would increase the life time of laptops a lot.

95% of laptops i repair has a block of dust you can peel off the heat seek in one go!!!

cloasters 29th June, 2012 11:15 PM

A "block of dust," ugh!

sasrob 30th June, 2012 10:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
here just one laptop that needed cleaning out due to over heating and slowing the system down!!! The owner lucky to have it slowing down really. some laptop just fry's the chip to death.

Ruel@21 2nd July, 2012 04:50 AM

Re:

The conductive cooling pads are not advisable for laptops that have fan vents built into the bottom as the cooling pad blocks the vents leading to overheating or premature system failure. The best way to determine if a cooling pad would be suitable for your laptop would be to take a look at the bottom of the laptop and look for air vents or fan vents.

robbie 2nd July, 2012 06:05 AM

One thing I like to do it grab a can of air and a vac and back flow those heat sync's I usually get a ton of crap that comes out of the bottom.

tre987nie 13th July, 2012 12:07 PM

use a cooling pad. I am using a cooling pad for my laptop so I don't worry to this kind of problem now.