AOA Forums

AOA Forums (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/)
-   Cooling & Temperature Monitoring (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/34-cooling-and-temperature-monitoring/)
-   -   VOLCANO 6Cu+ (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/cooling-and-temperature-monitoring/533-volcano-6cu.html)

Lionfish 10th October, 2001 05:37 AM

VOLCANO 6Cu+
 
The other day when I was over my buddy's house getting my Abit BIOS chip hot-flashed he showed me his new Soyo Dragon and VOLCANO 6Cu+ , he put his T-bird 1.2 @ 1.4 in it.

The temp surprised the heck out of me, case 24c, cpu 34c.


Not to bad for a $17.00 HSF from Fry's

http://www.thermaltake.com/v6+.htm

sonny 13th October, 2001 09:22 PM

Were those load temps or just the few minutes of putting it on? Could have been a little cold if it was just sitting around outside of the case.

Lionfish 14th October, 2001 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by sonny
Were those load temps or just the few minutes of putting it on? Could have been a little cold if it was just sitting around outside of the case.
It had been on for about a week.

Not under any load just idle but still cool:D

And they have two different fans, he has it with the delta 60.

sonny 14th October, 2001 09:01 AM

How does it do under load? If you guys could do a full test on the cooling it would be something good for all the members here & new comers.

1. 12hr loop of 3DMark2001
2. Full Self Test on Prime95
3. Full Torture Test on Prime95
4. 500 loops Burn-In Wizard with all the components in SiSoft Sandra2001

This should give us all the details. Nice to finally have a dirt cheap & reliable HSF for people who don't want to spend

surlyjoe 14th October, 2001 12:20 PM

I have a couple of these, for the price there hard to beat! , also coolerguys has them for 10$ and is donating the money to the american red cross. a damn good deal it is!!

Lionfish 14th October, 2001 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by sonny
How does it do under load? If you guys could do a full test on the cooling it would be something good for all the members here & new comers.

1. 12hr loop of 3DMark2001
2. Full Self Test on Prime95
3. Full Torture Test on Prime95
4. 500 loops Burn-In Wizard with all the components in SiSoft Sandra2001

This should give us all the details. Nice to finally have a dirt cheap & reliable HSF for people who don't want to spend

Like I said it's my buddy's not mine.

He does not mess with his as much as I do so I can't tel much.

But like SJ said hard to beat for the price.

eobard 14th October, 2001 08:23 PM

Mine's running 40c SETI load as I type and that's as high as it gets unless I reconnect my board's volt mod. If the volt mod is hooked up then it tops out at 48c @ 1150mhz @ 2.06v.

Walter:-) 14th October, 2001 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by eobard
Mine's running 40c SETI load as I type and that's as high as it gets unless I reconnect my board's volt mod. If the volt mod is hooked up then it tops out at 48c @ 1150mhz @ 2.06v.
Why have you removed the voltmod?

eobard 15th October, 2001 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Walter:-)


Why have you removed the voltmod?

Without the volt mod my 5v line fluctuates from between 4.901v at it's highest to 4.857v at it's lowest and the system is 100% stable. With the volt mod my 5v line fluctuated from 4.859v at it's highest to 4.791v at it's lowest. When the 5v line drops low enough the system either stalls until the 5v comes back up or it crashes. I need to figure out how to up the 5v line by about .2v or buy a new ps. :(

sonny 15th October, 2001 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by eobard


Without the volt mod my 5v line fluctuates from between 4.901v at it's highest to 4.857v at it's lowest and the system is 100% stable. With the volt mod my 5v line fluctuated from 4.859v at it's highest to 4.791v at it's lowest. When the 5v line drops low enough the system either stalls until the 5v comes back up or it crashes. I need to figure out how to up the 5v line by about .2v or buy a new ps. :(

I posted a PSU voltmod in General Hardware that I found at another Forum. It's for an Enermax but should work for most PSUs.

eobard 15th October, 2001 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by sonny


I posted a PSU voltmod in General Hardware that I found at another Forum. It's for an Enermax but should work for most PSUs.

I know but here's my problem with that:

Quote:

Originally posted by sonny


The voltmod should work for your PSU. You just need to find the right resistor & your good to go:D

How much destruction am I going to bring down on my system while searching for that right resistor? I may attempt a semi-informed mod but not until 1) I've tried to find a fully explained way to mod my specific ps and 2) I'm feeling good and stupid.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:49 PM.


Copyright ©2001 - 2010, AOA Forums


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0