AOA Forums

AOA Forums (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/)
-   Cooling & Temperature Monitoring (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/34-cooling-and-temperature-monitoring/)
-   -   New Toys! (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/cooling-and-temperature-monitoring/6835-new-toys.html)

Random Nonsense 26th June, 2002 07:36 PM

New Toys!

1 Attachment(s)
Here are my new toys. Think the heatercores will do? the block is a DD maze 2, with some wierd fittings spode put on it! he leant me the block for a little waterblock shootout I have planned, Ill post here once testing is complete! The block now has the regular fittings, and has been polished all shiny!

Allan 26th June, 2002 07:38 PM

Cool toys my friend!
What CPU is that?

Random Nonsense 26th June, 2002 07:42 PM

XP1700+ AROIA Y!!!! aparantly the best stepping available!

Con 26th June, 2002 08:17 PM

Get clocking matt, and send the results back to us =D

The Spyder 26th June, 2002 10:57 PM

Nice........ are those moterbike rad's?
Spyder

Daniel ~ 27th June, 2002 01:08 AM

Your a bad motor-scooter RN, sorry a little 50's slang! ":O}

Random Nonsense 27th June, 2002 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by The Spyder
Nice........ are those moterbike rad's?
Spyder

Nope, car heatercores, expect an article on how to "extract" them at spodes abode when we re-open!

Getting a MEAN pump on saturday, and ordering my new mobo tonight! this thing should absolutely FLY!

The block has been polished up now, looks nice. Im planning on adding my evaporator tower to the cooling set up! Im aiming for SUB-ambient coolant temps! :D

Im looking foreward to this! For the waterblock shootout at Spodes abode i will have to ditch the evaporator tower, since i need to keep a set amount of coolant at all times! as i said earlier either spode or myself will put a notice up when Spodes Abode re-opens with lotsa snazzy new stuff!

The Spyder 27th June, 2002 07:06 PM

I know i got a bunch of stuff for him :-D

Random Nonsense 29th June, 2002 04:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My new pump, Weighs a ton, pumps more! 58 litres a min at full speed, it has 3 speeds, i suspect lowest is that i'll use! Oh and the block all shiny!

Spode 30th June, 2002 03:50 PM

I can't wait to see what that chip can really do. WHY O WHY did I swap it with you. I'm stupid.

Random Nonsense 30th June, 2002 04:03 PM

Mwuhahahaha! I'll let you play with it cos im so kind and considerate! but i think i deserve a chip that can OC considering the heaps of junk i have had in the past!

Im wondering how to make this system portable, the pump alone weighs a ton!

Random Nonsense 3rd July, 2002 11:47 AM

Holy doggie doo! the pump is amazing! i need another pair of heatercores since flow rate is so fast! im setting up on just a HUGE reservoir to test the system and get myself a PC that works! expect pics once my dad gets home with the camera!

webmedic 3rd July, 2002 04:59 PM

This I gota see. That pump is insane. What is it anyway?

Random Nonsense 3rd July, 2002 05:05 PM

a central heating pump, was gonna use a even sillier one, 44m lift!!! but only 40 l per min flow. Still the pressure it could generate woulda blow the hoses off no problem.

Random Nonsense 5th July, 2002 06:10 PM

ARGH! the damn thing is running HOT

41 c at stock speed, im guessing its because the pump even at its slowest speed is using 46 watts, a proportion of that must be heat right?

Holst 5th July, 2002 09:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Most of that 41watts will go as heat into your water (as conservation of energy will turn the kinetic energy of the water to heat through friction.

Although with those two monster heatercores water temperature shouldt be a problem.
Check that your watertemp is ok to see if the pups adding to much heat.

and 41*c isnt too bad for a internal diode reading.

I also found that my maze 2 took several fittings to get a good temperature. I also found it easyer to mount with the bolts loose in the waterblock and the springs on the back of the motherboard like this

Random Nonsense 6th July, 2002 10:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I am using just nuts and bolts to hold it down presently, havent been able to find suitable springs.

Heres the pic of the block installed, im gonna have to do a lot of work to get this thing running as it should.

SiGmA_X 6th July, 2002 11:44 AM

Nice :) Would my temps go down if I put a 3" (diameter) by 5" peice of copper pipe (caped, and fitter for 1/2" hose) inline before my radiator? It would act like a very small res... I might be able to get a longer one with the Lian Li PC-70 that I am getting later this month... Would something 3" (dia) x 10" (height) help?

Random Nonsense 6th July, 2002 11:59 AM

Probably yes! only one way to find out for sure though! and let us know how it performs

Wa11y 7th July, 2002 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Random Nonsense
ARGH! the damn thing is running HOT

41 c at stock speed, im guessing its because the pump even at its slowest speed is using 46 watts, a proportion of that must be heat right?

Where is the pump in the line? You may wanna have the pump flowing to the radiators if you can, that way the hot water from the processor is being pulled into the pump, and then going to the radiators to cool off before going back out to the pump. If the pump is heating the water, it makes no sense to put it between the radiators and the processor, so the cool water goes into the pump and warms up before hitting the processor to get warmed up more.

Did any of that make sense?

Try this:
Radiator --> Block --> Pump --> Radiator