AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > CRASHED!

CRASHED! A topic for SEVERE and immediate Hardware and Operating System FAILURES. We will try to get you up again. NOT for Optimization questions!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10th February, 2003, 06:04 PM

Just added some ram

Okay, so up until last week i was running 2 x 256mb sticks of Corsair xms3500 in slots 1 and 3 of my 8rda+ fine, but i decided i wanted to up it to a gig, so i swapped my 2 sticks for 1 stick of 512mb Corsair xms3500 with someone, and that was working fine.

Today my 2nd stick of 512 arrived, so i put that in my machine and went to turn it back on.

Nothing. Not even a fan or hdd spinning up.

I've tried shorting the power header on the mb but still nothing. I'm going to try a different power supply tonight, but i dont see why my 3 week old antec trueblue 480w would just die like that.

Is it possible for the motherboard to be shorting and absolutely nothing happens when i turn it on, as all the cases i've been reading about tend to suggest at least some form of powering up?

Unless its one of those two things, the only thing i can think is the motherboard is completely dead.

Also i should note that i've tried taking the extra stick of ram out, made no difference.

Cheers for any help.
AMD Athlon XP2700+ | SLK-800 w/ 80mm YS-Tech | Epox 8RDA+ w/ Crystal Orb on NB | 1GB Corsair XMS3500 | Hercules 9700 Pro | SB Audigy Platinum eX | WD 120gb | Coolermaster ATCS-201 | Samsung 181T | winXP Pro
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10th February, 2003, 10:12 PM

its okay.. it was shorting somehow.
Running fine now. 1Gb of ram too
AMD Athlon XP2700+ | SLK-800 w/ 80mm YS-Tech | Epox 8RDA+ w/ Crystal Orb on NB | 1GB Corsair XMS3500 | Hercules 9700 Pro | SB Audigy Platinum eX | WD 120gb | Coolermaster ATCS-201 | Samsung 181T | winXP Pro
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10th February, 2003, 10:18 PM

i always like a good ending

fer 47 years ive been seeking a balance in life
and I’ve been from one end to the other
i may be getting close