AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > CRASHED!

CRASHED! A topic for SEVERE and immediate Hardware and Operating System FAILURES. We will try to get you up again. NOT for Optimization questions!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 13th February, 2003, 03:09 AM

Send a message via ICQ to BrianW

Mouse Problem (Pissin' me off)

I hope this isn't bad to post this here, but I need help with this problem.

System Specs:

MB: Asus A7N266-C
CPU: XP 1800+
Memory: 512 Samsung PC 2700 @ 150mhz presently
Video: Geforce 4 4600
HD: Seagate FDB 40GB 7200
Lan: Intel Pro b
Sound: Audigy Platinum
Mouse: MS Explorer 3.0

Problem: Whenever I have an app open and I minimize it, I get these wierd mouse input interuptions. If I minimize a program, I try and move my mouse and it stops for a second. It does this 2-6 times (about 2-3 seconds apart) and then resumes with normal mouse input. I tried to reinstall drivers, to no avail. I also tried to change mouse settings and again no help. This same thing happened before about 6-8 months ago, the only way I fixed it was to reinstall XP.

I know this isn't a crash, but I have searched andd searched and have found no solution, or any one else reporting this problem. any insight or suggestions would help alot.

Thank you,

Brian W

Flow: Res, Pump, CPU watervlock, Y into both rads, both rads into res independently.

Athlon XP 1800+ (@ 1731 - 150mhz fsb.), on a Asus A7N266-c, and a Radeon 9000 *waiting for RMA'd Saphire 9800 ultra from Newegg)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 13th February, 2003, 04:50 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

You might try NOT installing the mouse software the next time you install XP. XP is very good at installing required drivers for you.

If this is an optical USB mouse, sometimes they work fine after a fresh installation of the OS. Sometimes you need to install the mouse's driver. I hope that MS's driver that came with your mouse isn't the bloatware that some of Logitech's drivers are.
Old 25th February, 2003, 07:16 AM

I had this same type of problem with my original intellieye mouse... have it in my hand here, is the Intellimouse w/Intellieye 1.1. To be honest, I unplugged it and tossed it in the junk mouse drawer. Went and got another mouse and the problem disappeared. You may just have a bad mouse.

Dol

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 25th February, 2003, 02:58 PM

Try disabling hardware mouse pointer acceleration

Best of luck in the future all my friends.
Old 26th February, 2003, 02:43 AM

Send a message via ICQ to BrianW

I tried that... Lately the problem has not popped up, so I imagine it is the mouse, as it is an intermitent problem.

Brian W

Thanks for the help, keep the suggestions coming.....

Flow: Res, Pump, CPU watervlock, Y into both rads, both rads into res independently.

Athlon XP 1800+ (@ 1731 - 150mhz fsb.), on a Asus A7N266-c, and a Radeon 9000 *waiting for RMA'd Saphire 9800 ultra from Newegg)
Old 2nd March, 2003, 02:56 AM

Send a message via ICQ to chris4521 Send a message via AIM to chris4521

if you're using a microsoft intellimouse optical
(the basic one)
throw it in the garbage and buy a new on right away.
i've gone through two of these with exactly the same problems that you're describing.
went out and bought a logitech optical and problem was solved no trouble yet.
1x 256mb geil ultra platinum DDR (pc3500)
Albatron GFFX 5600 Turbo (400/900)
40gb 7200 ata133
48xcdrom, 4x2x24x cdrw :<
Sony trinitron multiscan 20sfII
Old 2nd March, 2003, 03:44 AM
AOA Staff

Send a message via AIM to robbie Send a message via MSN to robbie Send a message via Yahoo to robbie Send a message via Skype™ to robbie

Aren't the inteli mouses (err mice) know for probs? And if you contact MS about it they just ship ya out a new one?
$.02
Rob
Buy it, Sell it, or Trade it in the AoA classifieds!!
AOA Team fah
Old 10th March, 2003, 11:28 AM

My mouse has a problem, but I believe it is more to do with the motherboard.. Its a cheap PS2 mouse, and 1/3 of the time when I start up the computer, the mouse doesn't work..... Its something in the bios... I don't care, I have time to hit the reset button and wait, just thought I would have some input..