AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > CRASHED!

CRASHED! A topic for SEVERE and immediate Hardware and Operating System FAILURES. We will try to get you up again. NOT for Optimization questions!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 22nd June, 2003, 01:01 AM

Send a message via ICQ to SiGmA_X Send a message via AIM to SiGmA_X Send a message via MSN to SiGmA_X Send a message via Yahoo to SiGmA_X

Double Killed!

Last night I was upgrading my hardware in my server.. I had a ECS/TBird800/512MB PC133 in it. I upgraded to a ABTI W/ RAID/XP2000/256MB PC2100... I got it all setup and went to boot.. And the vid wouldn't turn on! So I was like "Oh Shoot!!" so I tried a few things.. Then I noticed that the LED's on the mobo were fine - Stand by and Power were on (Stand by is more so Mobo Powered) and the Error LED was not on. But also, there were no BIOS speaker beeps at all.

So then I swaped the ECS back in, with the XP2000 in it this time and still with the PC133 RAM. No dice! No beeps either!

HELP! Please contact me via a messanger! ASAP!
Old 22nd June, 2003, 01:11 AM

Send a message via ICQ to SiGmA_X Send a message via AIM to SiGmA_X Send a message via MSN to SiGmA_X Send a message via Yahoo to SiGmA_X

Any ideas, Dan, Spyder, or Robbie?

(Users Browsing this Thread: Daniel ~, The Spyder, robbie, SiGmA_X)
Old 22nd June, 2003, 03:58 PM

Id be thinking PSU problem.

Best of luck in the future all my friends.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 22nd June, 2003, 05:32 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

As you have a T-Bird 800 on the ECS mainboard, there's a good chance that the m'board's BIOS needs to be updated before it can "recognize" an XP 2000+.
Old 22nd June, 2003, 10:07 PM

Holst - Tried that with my spair 300w that powers a duallie if need be.. :-\

Cloasters - ECS says that it will work. But then I tried the TBird800 in it again, and guess what! No luck! I think Spyder is coming over today to lend a hand.. He has some spair vid cards..
Old 22nd June, 2003, 11:36 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

I'd help if I could Sigma! Unless it's exceptional, I'd suspect the PSU, on the light side for an Athy
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Last edited by Daniel ~; 23rd June, 2003 at 12:40 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 23rd June, 2003, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel ~
I'd help if I could Sigma! Unless it's exceptional, I'd suspect the PSU, on the light side for an Athy
I tried another PSU.. I am thinking perhaps it's the vid card.. I will call Spyder and see if I can borrow another one..