AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > CRASHED!

CRASHED! A topic for SEVERE and immediate Hardware and Operating System FAILURES. We will try to get you up again. NOT for Optimization questions!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 19th July, 2003, 02:53 AM

Unhappy EpoX 8RDA3+ combined with Athlon XP3000+

I've litterally just built my brand new system with the EpoX 8RDA3+ Board with my Athlon XP3000+

It booted fine and I happily installed XP....BUT...I glimpsed my processor speed on boot up on those standard old bios screens and it said 1.74Ghz!!! Half the speed it should be and upon re-reading the manual it says it supports up to 2800+ (whether this is because 3000+ didnt exist when the book was written is another matter )

I'm just hoping now that I'm not going to be told that I can't get full usage of my processor because I was lame enough to buy, new, a board that doesn't support my faster processor.

I haven't yet flashed the bois to the latest yet. As I say, I've literally only been using it for the last 30 odd minutes.

Does anyone know whether or not the flash upgrade will allow the 8RDA3+ to support my faster processor?

Thanks in advance for any help...

...this is depressing
Old 19th July, 2003, 09:16 PM

Just to let you know, i flashed the bios and it picked up my process fine
Old 20th July, 2003, 04:51 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz
Just to let you know, i flashed the bios and it picked up my process fine
Welcome to AOA, Baz!

Well done! This is good news. So how is this CPU working for you? Slow as molasses in January? Don't think so!
Old 9th August, 2003, 06:49 PM

Yeah it works like a beast. Just had some heat issues mind u in this weather. My computer just reboots willy nilly.