AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > CRASHED!

CRASHED! A topic for SEVERE and immediate Hardware and Operating System FAILURES. We will try to get you up again. NOT for Optimization questions!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 20th September, 2003, 01:42 PM

Unhappy Epox 8K3A

Hi All,

Hope someone can help me.

My Radeon 9700 graphic card recently went mad, started displaying coloured vertical lines on the screen, it had been working fine for about a year, replaced it with a G2 and it started working again.

about the same time been having probs booting up, sometimes had to restart several times in order for win xp to boot, now i cant boot up at all. There is power to the fans but no power to the CD drives and no LEDs showing on the mobo. I have replaced the card with a rad 9800 which is connected to the power supply. I have tried takingthe battery out of the mobo and replacing it 5 mins later, still no result.

Do you think i have to replace my PSU? its a Macron MPT-400p maximum 400w output. i do have a tV card, wi fi card, Audigy card, 3 hard drives, 2 dvd drives, and my radeon all connected.

The mobo is a epox 8K3A+ and Athlon 2.4.

I have my pC as a HTPC and use it for everything so need to sort this asap and am tempted to just go and buy a new PSU but dont want to waste my money.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks

Stallen

Athlon 2200
Maxtor 60g
Maxtor 20g
EP8k3a+
WinXP home
PSU Samcheer 300w
Phillips DVD writer
Hitachi DVD player
GPU Gainward GF4 Golden Sample
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 20th September, 2003, 03:13 PM
Chief Systems Administrator

It does rather suggest a problem with the PSU, espeically with no power to some devices, but the fans still spinning.
Old 26th September, 2003, 01:03 AM

Send a message via MSN to Drisler Send a message via Yahoo to Drisler

Simply borrow someone's PSU if you can, to see if the problem still persists.
X800pVIVO > XT
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!