AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > CRASHED!

CRASHED! A topic for SEVERE and immediate Hardware and Operating System FAILURES. We will try to get you up again. NOT for Optimization questions!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 22nd March, 2004, 12:51 AM

Bad_pool_caller

*this is a new one on me, and im hopeing that someone can save this HD for me....my system was running ok but seemed to be having some slow downs... the spyware i found was cleaned and removed...no virus was found...i had done quite a bit of d/ling drivers and such,bios changes(MB) and removeing of drivers files( all dealing with vid cards) Nvidia to ATI...( driver cleaner and cab cleaner was used)...so i decided to run windows xp pro to repair any files lost or damaged, and when it gets to device installs, it installs about 70% in then it mem dumps with error "bad_pool_caller" ive tried to under clock it, change mem sticks,.reboots,inable cache..disable cache, but what it keeps doing is looping back to that same spot in the repair install, no matter what i do, it restarts the repair install... it wont boot into windows and stay there.. it will start the repair again on its own and then ask for disk if i dont have it in the drive.. ...ok now i o/c to the max at times, and id been pushing the limits the night before..... 40 gig 7200 WD..my system..and now i get to brag " alittle"only .....anyways im proud of my rig!!!// 3000+Barton unlocked...@2415..420 FSB..( run it at 2300 11.5x200) Zalman7000a HSF..Asus a7n8x E Deluxe, bios 1008...XP PRO...all updates..no ms drivers d/loaded... PNY 3500 2.5 gamers mem..runnin at 2.5-3-3-8...9800 pro @ 421/711..Arctic cooler vga silencer..heat sinks...bridge cooled with stock heat sink with fan attached( blowing on sink)...Thermaltake XaserIII V1000A case Thermaltake Xaser 480w-550 max silent purepower PSU..onboard sound thru Zalman 5.1 true surround headphones..( yea the wife wont let me crank my simulation with speakers anymore)..lol... this rig is for one game only ( and of course the ever present addiction of o/c ..ive been told id over clock a timex lmao..)...nascar2003...anyways, hello yall, im flash im, new to these forums...yall have a great day..and a better evening...FLash
Old 22nd March, 2004, 12:59 AM
AOA Staff

Send a message via MSN to mookydooky

Most likely, you have a bad driver somewhere. Your best bet is to try to uninstall and reinstall all drivers. If that doesn't work, you're going to have to do a "Repair" reinstall of windows by booting off the CD and then reloading drivers. The most likely cause is a bad overclock with the memory crapping out on you.

AOA Team fah

我喜欢大屁股, 我不能骗你..... 他们弟兄不能否认......
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 22nd March, 2004, 01:06 AM

thanx for the speedy reply..i should have included this info als..ive tried to reboot into safe mode..it wont let me...ive tried to have it boot from CDrom with xp disk in..it wont boot that way either...what it does( and it will boot to windows load,then starts the repair procces on its own again) is always goes back the the xp repair i started when this happened..and then loads xp repair till the 70% install devices area, and then mem dumps with the error as stated in post...Flash
Old 22nd March, 2004, 01:12 AM
AOA Staff

Are you sure you have the BIOS set to boot from the CD-ROM before the HD?

AOA Team fah

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 22nd March, 2004, 01:20 AM

yes had it set to cdrom 1st.. floppy second.... hd 3rd...but ill go put it back in and check it again just to make sure...lol.... senality and alzhimers slips in quietly....brb
Flash
Old 22nd March, 2004, 01:53 AM

recognized cdrom boot... well it went into loading drivers and then to restart, then it looped back to the install again and same problem...tried it 2 times with it booting back to cdrom at restart and with it booting to os during restart..same problem looping...think its time to go ahead and get that new 10,000 rpm raptor... lol hey ya boink some, and some ya dont..its the game we play...Flash
Old 22nd March, 2004, 02:02 AM
AOA Staff

Actually, it might be that you have a bad memory stick. If you have 2, why don't you try taking one out.

AOA Team fah

Old 22nd March, 2004, 02:07 AM

hm sry should have included that info too..i have 2 sticks 512...tried it with one stick..tried it with dif dim slots..tried it with dif stick of generic infineon 400 stick..same results i have an older hd im using now till i figure this on out or give up and get a new HD..id rather save this one..i can ghost off it though..i had to to get my Nascar files off..so if i loose it and have to get another HD i can at least save the info i want...Flash...any more suggestions>>???
Old 22nd March, 2004, 02:11 AM
AOA Staff

I don't know what to tell you man. It sounds like you've got everything covered. Maybe someone else will have a better idea. Maybe if Aedan sees this thread he'll have a clue.

AOA Team fah

Old 22nd March, 2004, 02:14 AM

flashnc, have you tried loading "FAIL-SAFE DEFAULTS" in the bios setup? I see that you tried in Safe Mode, I'm assuming you mean the windows Safe Mode (f8). You might have missed a setting in the bios, possibly DIMM or CPU voltage. You could also try a different psu to rule that area out. You mention changing a lot of things, do you have access to a spare Hard drive, a successful clean install might indicate the hard drive. 1 stick of memory would be first though (way easier). Keep at it, you'll get it.
Bob
THERMALRIGHT SLK900u 92mm Zalman fan, Enlight 420 watt, AIW 9000 Pro 64mb DDR agp4x, voltage mod 1.85v
Home made NB cooler
AOA Team fah
Old 22nd March, 2004, 05:50 AM

lol....yup tried that too...it wont work in safe mode..meaning it will try to go through the xp repair even from there, it says something about cant continue working in safe mode..or something to that effect... force me out of safe mode (i cant do anything in safe mode it wont happen)yes, i even tried the 430 antec pure power i have..ive changed all the settings in bios that would effect anything to do with stabalizing start up ( lowered to default cpu settings,,, even lower and everywhere in between..re set all the voltages..etc ..changed cacheing to inabled, and tryed disabled...ok maybe this will help...i was at a high o/c...pretty much at limits of cpu/fsb,,was trying for those last couple more fsb and was playing with my timeings and pulled them to tight ( after haveing loosened them up)when i did exit and save from bios. it wouldnt boot or post....i had to wait and go through the batt removeal,reset bios jumper...wouldnt boot...and yes , im on another HD,( 20 gig wd 5200 it makes my skin crawl at the slowness of these ol HDs ) lol...ok thats where im at ..so effectively...what im trying to find out is....if you have a HD and youve tried to do a xp repair from disk..it starts the process,goes through intial stuff..then when it gets to the part of loading devices it gets the bad_pool_caller.error...then no matter what you do it always goes back to that point, no matter what ive tried..i can even boot to cdrom and it will recognize cdrom and xp repair will start agin and get to same place with same results...what i need issa way to get it to stop going into the xp repair ..id be willing to loose all info and just reformat..if i could get it to stop looping !!!! lol Flash.. PS and by the way thanx to all that have tried to help i really do appreciate that yall have takin the time and tried to give me advice..but its either going to have to be something so simple its redicuious to fix it ..or its a boinked HD....
Old 22nd March, 2004, 10:38 AM
Chief Systems Administrator

Sounds like file corruption somewhere in the OS to be honest. That could be registry corruption, or it could be something else - I wouldn't want to place bets.

It might be easier and faster simply to reinstall Windows than try to fix this.
Old 22nd March, 2004, 01:22 PM

lol...thats the problem..it wont load anything..its stuck in trying to repair...wont do anything else but loop back to original error..then dump...i can restart with cdrom boot it will recognise and install drivers..then go to a certain point again as stated in above posts.....really freaky never seen this happen before
...Flash..and thanx for the reply
Old 5th April, 2004, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashnc
lol...thats the problem..it wont load anything..its stuck in trying to repair...wont do anything else but loop back to original error..then dump...i can restart with cdrom boot it will recognise and install drivers..then go to a certain point again as stated in above posts.....really freaky never seen this happen before
...Flash..and thanx for the reply

Boot to Windows 98/Me startup disk if you have one and fdisk and format the harddrive then try again to reinstall Windows XP Pro....HTH
Abit NF7-S with 2100+ T-Bred "B" @2406MHz (200X12) Vcore 1.775V, VDIMM 2.9V, VDD 1.82V 2X256M Twinmos/Winbond PC3200 6,2,2,2.0 DDR,SLK800 with 84CFM Tornado,ATI Radeon 9700 Pro, Antec Truepower 430W ps.
80G WD HDD w/8M cache Windows XP Pro