AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > CRASHED!

CRASHED! A topic for SEVERE and immediate Hardware and Operating System FAILURES. We will try to get you up again. NOT for Optimization questions!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 7th May, 2004, 01:51 AM

Angry Computer won't boot..again!!

ok, lets see....
I am fixing a pc for a friend of a friend..lol, it won't boot at all. The guy is not real
computer smart, and could not tell me much about the pc. All this pc does
is run a program in a barn. I know the barn takes lots of wacks of lightning, so that was what I first thought (had to replace a hard drive because of lightning a year ago in one of the barns). When I booted it up it gave me long beeps.......beeeeeeep......beeeeeeeeep...You get the idea. So I thought that it was a memory problem, pulled the old memory out. Put in a working memory stick and ...taaaa daaaa!! the right beep sound happened, the fans did their spin, the lights all did their thing. BUT..now here is the tricky part..it just shuts down!! Never anything on the monitor at all. Now what is that ?? The pcu? Help !!
Thanks in advance
Jackie the smart blonde..(at least I like to think so)
Old 7th May, 2004, 01:53 AM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

You don't mention what kind of board it is that you are having problems with, but at a guess I'd say that you need to clear your CMOS.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!