AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > CRASHED!

CRASHED! A topic for SEVERE and immediate Hardware and Operating System FAILURES. We will try to get you up again. NOT for Optimization questions!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 28th January, 2002, 05:06 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to CNUCompGuy Send a message via AIM to CNUCompGuy Send a message via Yahoo to CNUCompGuy

Ati3d1ag.dll--memory Dump--error--consistently

Please help me. The following file--ati3d1ag.dll--gives me a blue screen at random. I could be playing a game or surfing the internet, yet I have found that it most often occurs when I am playing a game. I have tried to until and reinstall several different driver versions, but I am assuming that this particular file does not get replaced since it has never prompted me for it. Is there anyone to fix this other than a format and reinstall?? Thanks for your help. HAHAHAHA, new faces, cool..... :-D
Old 28th January, 2002, 05:36 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to CNUCompGuy Send a message via AIM to CNUCompGuy Send a message via Yahoo to CNUCompGuy

*anyway not anyone, lol

also, I tried deleted the file and then possibly reinstalling the drivers, but it won't even let me do that, nor will it let me replace it with an older version of the file that windows has archived, any suggestions?? Also, is there some type of utility that I can use that verifies the integrity of all driver files or something to that affect?? Lemme know, thx

PS, gotta luv the new smilies, lol :clown:
Old 28th January, 2002, 10:39 PM
Banned

Such a common ATi drivers issue. I had to experiment for quite a while with different drivers until I solved this. I suggest using the most recent drivers available. Since I have been using the most recent drivers I have not seen this issue (3-4+ months).
Old 29th January, 2002, 04:24 AM
Banned

I've already tried the most recent drivers and it doesn't seem to overwrite this file....any suggestions??
Old 30th January, 2002, 11:28 AM
AOA Staff

Send a message via MSN to mookydooky

Most likely your video card is overheating. BSOD during games is most often caused by poor video card cooling. Try reinstalling the fan and or heatsink on the video card with some ASII or something. This should solve your problem.

Mook.

AOA Team fah

我喜欢大屁股, 我不能骗你..... 他们弟兄不能否认......
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 30th January, 2002, 06:52 PM
Banned

Well, I doubt it's overheating, because I have tried two different cards that use the exact same driver version and they both have had the BSOD......ATI 32MB DDR AGP and the ATI 7200 64MB SDR AGP....anyother suggestions?? I will try the renaming suggestions in a minute, but Ithink I already did and it wouldn't let me, but I will try again, thx
Old 30th January, 2002, 07:01 PM

get an RMA number
XP1700+@1627Mhz unlocked
256MB Crucial PC2100
Aopen HX08
30GB Desktar
17" screen
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 30th January, 2002, 07:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by CNUCompGuy
I've already tried the most recent drivers and it doesn't seem to overwrite this file....any suggestions??
Uninstall the drivers, then double check the windows\system32 folder for any ATI files, delete them, and then try to reinstall newer drivers...

after that reinstalling windows might work
Old 30th January, 2002, 07:16 PM

Ive had similar things before.

Do as pinky says and remove all the drivers directorys then run regedit and delete anything ATI related (Harder than it sounds)

Then install a known good copy of the best driver and hope for the best.

Best of luck in the future all my friends.
Old 3rd February, 2002, 12:28 AM

Send a message via AIM to Cyberey66

I had the same exact problems with my radeon VE. Dl the newest drivers, and uninstall your old ones before you install the new ones. If you have a via chipset, you have to play around with their drivers if you're using win XP.

"skin and tragedy are the ways to attract a crowd"