AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > CRASHED!

CRASHED! A topic for SEVERE and immediate Hardware and Operating System FAILURES. We will try to get you up again. NOT for Optimization questions!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 20th October, 2004, 06:21 AM

Send a message via AIM to ffactoryxx

MSI K8N rebooting!!! Need major help. No windows load

My brother just called me and before the game tonight he shut down his computer. He jusrt restarted it and it wont boot. It gets to a screen saying windows wasnt shut down properly blah blah blah. Start normally, start in safe mode, etc. What ever he chooses the computer reboots and does the same thing.
He said the lights are all changing colors but the top left led is red. Whats this mean. He is using a good 400-450 antec ps.
Old 20th October, 2004, 02:47 PM

Okay, need some more detail as to what lights you are talking about. Use MemTest to see if there was any mem or CPU damage. What OS are you using? Both WinXP and Win2K have an option to repair an installation when you boot from the CD.
Old 20th October, 2004, 03:00 PM

He is running Winxp pro w/ SP!
2x512mb mushkin value ram
hitachi 160gb sata drive
9700 pro
Antec sonata w/ 400-450ps

Yea it just seems odd. Someone on the MSI forum said the board is dead. The leds im talking about are the diagnostic leds on the d bracket included in msi's mb packages. Ill have to see for my self though
Old 20th October, 2004, 03:47 PM

My manual for my board's at home, but I'll post later if you haven't found out by then.
Old 21st October, 2004, 06:44 AM

ok i ran memtest 1 pass no errors. The sata hitachi however reboots when windows is loading. Any other time it doesnt restart weather it be a test or running winxp install again. Only after i choose to eiter boot into safe mode or what ever. BTW i go into bios and temps are around 52-55c with stock cooler. WTF!!!! Is the drive bad?
Old 21st October, 2004, 10:08 AM
AOA Staff

Send a message via AIM to robbie Send a message via MSN to robbie Send a message via Yahoo to robbie Send a message via Skype™ to robbie

I'd say it's your temps then. Running too hot and rebooting. Look into a better cooler.
HTH
Rob
Buy it, Sell it, or Trade it in the AoA classifieds!!
AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!