AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > CRASHED!

CRASHED! A topic for SEVERE and immediate Hardware and Operating System FAILURES. We will try to get you up again. NOT for Optimization questions!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 6th November, 2004, 07:59 PM

Asus P4S533-MX kicking my butt.

I'm upgrading my workstation (posting from my laptop atm) and have replaced my Gateway's stock mobo and processor with the Asus board mentioned in the thread title with a P4 2.4ghz/533k cache chip. After having to buy some tin snips and do some ultra quick modding on my case and having to redo the wire connectors on the power switch I've got her in and running. After about 30 minutes of restarts and hunting for my original Windows XP disk, I finally figured out how to redo the boot sequence (grrr) and got it to boot from CD. However, Windows XP INSISTED I enter the Administrator password (which I did) but wouldn't accept the password I entered. I am 110% positive the password was right, so now I'm going in a completely round about way of getting my important data off my old hard drive and have to shelve the old install and go with XP Pro. RAAAAHH!!! What am I doing wrong?
Old 7th November, 2004, 04:07 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

What about that nifty XP feature: it gets scared with brand new hardware? As in "call home to Billy, this user is trying to run me on two different machines at the same time?" Gasp!
Old 7th November, 2004, 04:20 PM

Quote:
call home to Billy, this user is trying to run me on two different machines at the same time?"
only two.hehehehe
2-EVGA 7800 GT SLI(520/1200) / Opti V95 19" crt
audigy2 / klipsch v2-400
WD Raptor 74 gb , raid 0 , striping/16k blocks,seagate 200 gig 7200 rpm
Nec dvd-rw ND-3500 AG
OCZ GamerXstream 600 watt
Lian Li PC-V1000APLUS Silver Aluminum / VL System LIS 2 Blue Eye LCD
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!