AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > CRASHED!

CRASHED! A topic for SEVERE and immediate Hardware and Operating System FAILURES. We will try to get you up again. NOT for Optimization questions!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 15th January, 2005, 03:16 AM

HELP !!! system crashes while playing direct 3d games.

help, i need help !!!
i recently bought a cpu/ mobo bundle the Asus A7V880 and Athlon xp 2800+. i install the new mobo / Cpu with a ATi Radeon 9500 Pro gfx card.
the problem is , dunno whether is my mobo spoiled / incompatible / bios settings is wrong, my system keep hanging / the Ati catalyst VPU recover kepping popping up when i am trying t0 play games like half life 2, need for speed underground 2 when i dun have any problems using the same card and driver on my old mother board. thus i am now appealing for the help of anyone out there who's knowledgable enough to help me solve this problem.

my config is as shown:
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2
mobo: Asus A7V880 with bios version 1008
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 2800+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.1GHz
Memory: Duel Channel 1GB PC-3200 DDR ram
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
GFX card: Sapphire Radeon 9500 PRO using Ati Catalyst 4.12
Sound: Creative Soundblaster Audigy
HDD: Maxtor 40GB + 120 GB
Removable Drive: Sony CD writer and TDK 1612DLB DVD writer

Last edited by Shadowlite; 15th January, 2005 at 03:25 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 20th January, 2005, 05:23 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Welcome to AOA, Shadowlite!

C'mon folks, I know you can help with this problem!
Old 20th January, 2005, 06:16 PM
Member/Contributer

I see you have 1gb dual channel ddr400, sometimes the standard voltage isn't enough, especially if using large amounts like that, try bumping it up to 2.6-2.65V
Also make sure you have the latest audio, motherboard and video drivers

Tobias F√ľnke, M.D.

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 20th January, 2005, 06:32 PM
Member/Contributor/Resident Crystal Ball

the HL2/NFSU2 issue is one that had been plaguing XTPE owners for a while...seems that the VPU recovers are a driver issue. The problems seems to ahve been remedied for me with the 5.1 ATI driver.