AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > CRASHED!

CRASHED! A topic for SEVERE and immediate Hardware and Operating System FAILURES. We will try to get you up again. NOT for Optimization questions!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 16th January, 2005, 05:32 PM

Exclamation System was running stable, now the same crash keeps comming

Hey,

I'll try to be as detailed as i can.

I was running 212.5x12 @ 1.875v, 1.8v vdd. It was stable for a few days. I've primed it for 6 hours, no errors. Blend test used with 512mb memory used.
After a while my SP97 got a bit dusty and temps got somewhat higher and i started getting unstable because of temperatures above 50°C CPU. I then cleaned it and placed the little blue heatsinks received by the Epox power pack that came with the board. I placed them at the mosfeds near the cpu socket and some other places. I then noted the temps to be a lot better. Max 42°C prime stressed. I then played for a few hours. Enemy Territory, ETF, Chronicles of Riddick, no crashes whatsoever. Then i went to bed early to be able to get up early for studying and primed my system overnight, same settings mentioned, nothing changed. When i woke up I noticed my system had rebooted on its own, likely crashed because of the errors i get now.
Since then i've crashed at any given time. Strange because it was rock solid stable before. And now it's always the same error. When i used to crash trying to find my system limitations, whether it's CPU or memory related it's always a different type of BSOD i noted.
Now it's always the same BSOD.

It says:
STOP: C000021a { Fatal System Error }
The Windows SubSystem system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000005 (0x77ed925f 0x010be1d0).
The system has been shut down.

I haven't paid attention to the memory address, i'm not sure if it's always the same, i've just written it down for the first time to be able to post it here. When i crash again, and i probably will, i'll be able to specify.

Like I said, the crashes occur quite random. Whether i'm gaming,programming, browsing,...
I did a disk check with error fixing enabled and it took quite some time. Because that is done without a lot of drivers loaded I assume that's the reason i didn't crash doing that. The OS isn't fully loaded is what i mean. The check is scheduled after a reboot. You know the kind i mean. Crashes still occurred. Then i did a viruscheck using Trend micro internet security that came with the board. I updated it before launching and it found one virus. I'm quite certain it came yesterday before the crashes happened using MSIE on packetnews. I only use IE for that site and that site only and look what happened
The virus was found and i removed it. It was Psyme.0 located in IE temporary internet files. I don't think it has anything to with it but at this point i don't really know what to think.
Now i've downgraded my settings a bit and i'll see what happens. Running at 210x12, same other settings.

I'm using winxp pro sp1.

oh yeah, before i went to bed i installed 8rdavcore and used the settings tab. My board was default set at kt7a and i changed it to 8rda3(+,I,E). I noticed after that on the main tab it completely misidentified my cpu speed. It said 3400 mhz and changed when adjusting it. I'm certain that's the last thing i did before all this happened. I did fool around with it a bit and tried the 166 mhz Romsip table to see how far i'd go. I applied a few fsb settings and super_pi'd, but no crash while doing so. I then rebooted at normal speeds using the insert pressed for changing the fsb in the bios and set it back to known working values.
I'm going to try to set kt7a again o_O which was like that at default before the i was in the mess i'm in now.

There, that's about all i can think of. I'll be back with more detailed info like i said.
2x WD Raptors 74gb R0
2x Maxtor 300gb
Asus Geforce EN8800GT
Windoors XP Pro sp2

Download here OcBible 1.55 & Guidemania v1.21
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 16th January, 2005, 07:41 PM

Now i've had this one:

It says:
STOP: C000021a { Fatal System Error }
The Windows SubSystem system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000005 (0x77ed925f 0x0052ed0).
The system has been shut down.

Note that the first part of the address is the same. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with rows and columns of the memory. I'll check my memory overnight.
The crash happened at 212.5x12, if i'm to make sure my system is like it was before i'll have to keep the same speed imo.
I primed again, and removed the mosfed placed heatsinks. Now the OS didn't crash, but just prime after 7 minutes. Rounding error 4.999999, expected less than 0.4
2x WD Raptors 74gb R0
2x Maxtor 300gb
Asus Geforce EN8800GT
Windoors XP Pro sp2

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 16th January, 2005, 07:46 PM
AOA Staff

Send a message via AIM to robbie Send a message via MSN to robbie Send a message via Yahoo to robbie Send a message via Skype™ to robbie

Have you tried to back off your overclock just a tad and see if the prob goes away?
Rob
Buy it, Sell it, or Trade it in the AoA classifieds!!
AOA Team fah
Old 16th January, 2005, 09:41 PM

Yes i have. I'm running at 210x12, same voltage, same memory timings. I've never had any difficulties running this speed. If this crashes too i'll try stock fsb.
I crashed after 30 minutes running speeds mentioned above. Error message is the same as the second message i noted. I did make a typo it's 0x0052e1d0, so i forgot a 1. I scanned again for virusses because i get the feeling it's a service causing all this. Or it's a memory issue. I'm running memtest in the background. It's been running for 35 minutes which stands for 204% coverage. It does however say in the readme to run it overnight to be absolutely certain but, if it would be the kind of memory error to cause my whole OS to crash i think it would have been found by now.

edit: I did some searches on various combinations of the error message but i couldn't really find something useful. One user appears to have solved his problem with trying a different cpu, suggesting his cpu was defected somehow. That's one out of the 100 issues i found. I don't think my cpu is damaged. I'm not saying it isn't, i just think it isn't. I haven't crashed yet after i tried starting xp pro with the network cable unplugged and later connecting it.

edit2: I just crashed after submitting the last edit Now running 200x10.5 at stock memory timings, nothing OC'd. Let's see if i crash again
2x WD Raptors 74gb R0
2x Maxtor 300gb
Asus Geforce EN8800GT
Windoors XP Pro sp2

Last edited by Wolf2000me; 16th January, 2005 at 10:42 PM.
Old 16th January, 2005, 11:48 PM

It crashes at 200x10.5 at 1.8v and timings in sig. I did some online virusscanning which has found 4 entries. So now i'm at sig settings again to test. This is a long shot
2x WD Raptors 74gb R0
2x Maxtor 300gb
Asus Geforce EN8800GT
Windoors XP Pro sp2

Old 17th January, 2005, 01:04 AM
Member/Contributor/Resident Crystal Ball

Quote:
The error message that is listed in the "Symptoms" section of this article is often caused by pending file-rename operations that are scheduled in the Windows NT registry, but that cannot be completed

Anyway, the error that you are getting i've seen with java hacks and HDD corruption. Just do a repair(which really just re-install windows) and it should fix things for you.
Try setting your clocks back up, but i'd say you are just beyond the realm of stability. Or, if you are a pessimist, you've been hacked.
oh, and if that's a mobile, is that 1.8 bios, or 1.8 real?
Old 17th January, 2005, 09:48 AM

Well, i fixed it. It was a trojan. My long shot paid off. I've cleaned some files and then primed overnight with my NIC disconnected for 7 hrs and 56 minutes, no errors at sig settings. It kept installing itself over again. I'm still unsure if all of its traces are gone. But i've enabled my nvidia firewall. Oh and that trend micro internet security that came with my board seems to be a bit lacking. It was fully updated but if didn't find it. Online scanners did.
2x WD Raptors 74gb R0
2x Maxtor 300gb
Asus Geforce EN8800GT
Windoors XP Pro sp2

Old 17th January, 2005, 12:24 PM

I did crash again!

omfg, i connected to the internet and after a while i was infected again. Now i tried to remove the file(s) bnoagg. When i deleted it, it instantly reappeared and i'm not in the clear yet. I'll submit a printscreen of a netstat-a that i did:

I also deleted all files with that kind of name in safe mode. Then it didn't reappear. My netlimiter also found the program accessing the internet through my firewall and an instance of Internet explorer with an ip of 127.0.0.1. As you can see on the netstat it appears to be scanning all my ports
Attached Thumbnails
System was running stable, now the same crash keeps comming-netstat.jpg  
2x WD Raptors 74gb R0
2x Maxtor 300gb
Asus Geforce EN8800GT
Windoors XP Pro sp2

Old 17th January, 2005, 01:28 PM

I did a traceroute for deploy.akamaitechnologies and it already retrieved it in one hop. Then i googled a bit and i saw a lot of threads about FBI and mafia and stuff like that. I don't know what to think about that... If anyone can fill me in?
Also after i got rid of the bnoagg32 entries, one in windows/system32 and one in windows/prefetch in safe mode I haven't crashed so far. Also the 7hrs 56 minutes of prime stability were done with the file entries on my disk but with my network cable unplugged. I couldn't find any real info on the virus i found which was called Bck/Webber.AL and inputting the bnoagg32 in google, both with 32 and without didn't hit a single page. Also security response on symantec didn't show any relevant info. I'm guessing it's something new
2x WD Raptors 74gb R0
2x Maxtor 300gb
Asus Geforce EN8800GT
Windoors XP Pro sp2

Old 17th January, 2005, 03:53 PM

Suggestion, switch to AVG Free edition for your virus scanner. They seem to provide the most up to date definitions, even over the biggies like Norton. download it from www.grisoft.com .
Old 17th January, 2005, 04:11 PM
Member/Contributer

I'll probabally be crucified for suggesting it but microsoft have their own spyware tool. I gave it a try and it found 5 things that spybot search and destroy and spyware blaster missed (thats what I get for quickly looking something up before installing firefox )
anyway make sure you get firefox installed, I have never had any spy/mal-ware installed using firefox, it always comes from IE
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/secu...e/default.mspx

Tobias Fünke, M.D.

AOA Team fah
Old 17th January, 2005, 04:28 PM

Hey,

I'll give that virusscanner a try.

I only used IE for accessing wzw.packetnews.com. Other browsers, like the one i use being Opera don't work very well with that site. I was looking for some abandonware games, i found quite a few using that site. So indeed, i used IE once in 5 bloody months and i'm in a serious mess. I used to recommend Opera and/or firefox to everyone with those kind of problems which hasn't always been taken with appreciation. Now i'm even more certain about the fact that i was right. I can't believe 80%, if not more, of the ppl are using that browser. I stand by my point, IE is,was and always will be the worst browser on the planet.
All this happened when i had to study for Object oriented programming. I have to take the exam in one hour from now so it was the worst timing ever.

At any rate, my problem has been solved and i'll do some scanning with various programs, like the ones mentioned to be absolutely certain.
2x WD Raptors 74gb R0
2x Maxtor 300gb
Asus Geforce EN8800GT
Windoors XP Pro sp2

Old 17th January, 2005, 08:28 PM

I use IE exclusively. No virus problems either. Like i mentioned earlier, i thought the error you were getting could be a java hack, so it may not be IE related. you just dropped your ip somewhere, possibly, and someone picked it up.

Quote:
Akamai provide logistics (server resource) for such programs as McAfee antivirus and others.

It might be as innocent as your anti-virus program wanting to auto-update?
Quote:
To meet its customers rowing needs for high-performance content delivery any time and anywhere, Akamai sought a practical storage solution that could expand on demand. The business issue Akamai required highly reliable and scalable storage to accommodate volatile demand for rich media content without committing resources to expensive system purchases. Akamai HR professionals ended the " world wide wait" through intelligent Internet content delivery. Akamai s world-class computer scientists developed a unique way of intelligently routing and replicating content over a large network of distributed servers without relying on the centralized servers typically used by Web site owners today. Akamai can not only deliver world-class content, high-quality streaming media, advanced global traffic management and Web usage reporting, it can also offer state-of-the-art storage capacity that bursts in terabytes on demand.
and read this:

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index...howtopic=54437

http://users.erols.com/jyavins/spam2.htm

the last url lists about 300 or so akamai addressess that have been associated with spam emails.

Last edited by cadaveca; 17th January, 2005 at 08:36 PM.
Old 17th January, 2005, 09:52 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Can you imagine what life is like for those unaware of their vulnerabilities! Where's a cop when you need him!
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Old 17th January, 2005, 09:54 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamGarside
I'll probabally be crucified for suggesting it but microsoft have their own spyware tool. I gave it a try and it found 5 things that spybot search and destroy and spyware blaster missed (thats what I get for quickly looking something up before installing firefox )
anyway make sure you get firefox installed, I have never had any spy/mal-ware installed using firefox, it always comes from IE
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/secu...e/default.mspx
Whose got the nails? ":O}
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Old 17th January, 2005, 10:06 PM

I installed the microsoft tool....kinda like that it makes you verify your copy first.
Found nothing, but i'm behind a few routers and know what to not click on. I can troll through warez sites fairly easily...I go quite often to find no cd hack for games.
anyway, the microsoft tool ended up corrupting my settings for my software firewall, and ever since then, i won't use it again. I mean really...it's the world-wide WEB....WEB...uh...lol..a web is a trap for little insects.
Old 17th January, 2005, 10:27 PM
Member/Contributer

you don't need to verify, it's optional for now

Tobias Fünke, M.D.

AOA Team fah