AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > CRASHED!

CRASHED! A topic for SEVERE and immediate Hardware and Operating System FAILURES. We will try to get you up again. NOT for Optimization questions!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 3rd April, 2005, 05:41 PM

crashes PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

Problem: Crashes during startup
Error: Blue screen PFN_LIST_CORRUPTED
STOP (0x0000008F,,0x00433132,0x00073132,0x000000000)

Will only start in safe mode.
Have tried:
Restore point to previous day ( now there are no previous ones when there were loads before I Restored),
Choosing last known good config during stat up,
Using msconfig and deselecting everything during strt up,
Using control panel /system/ hardware/device manger and uninstalling everything system related drivers and restarting,
Deleting Pagefile, restarting , recreating new one on different drive, restarting,

There is no option in bios to disable caching or shadowing

Using start /run “verifier” and restarting gives following fault (blue screen STOP)
System is attempting to access memory beyond the end of the allocation
(system driver issue)
STO 0x00000000 CD ( 0x93FA7000,0x00000000,0x80529f47,0x00000000)

Further attempts give same message different number for first item in brackets vis 94743000 or 80529F47 or 90f41000

Having turned off verifier fault report reverts to PFN (page frame Number) list corrupted.

Fault occurred whilst playing MSflight sim2004 with PMDG simulations addon running, I pressed NUMLOCK key so I could alter ailerons and it crashed.

System is home built XP pro SP2, MOBO= Gigabyte K8Triton GA-K8NF-9
Ati radeon X800XT PCI video card. 2 gig sys mem (GEIL), 2x150 gig Raid 0 serial ATA.

It is bang up to date with windows updates and has Norton 2005 antivirus and internet protection also bang up to date.

How do I fix it.
i.e can page frame list be repaired, rebuilt.
Please don’t say reformat and reinstall, it would take weeks to get it back

Thanx RON
Old 5th April, 2005, 01:18 AM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Welcome to AOA Forums, ronb62!

Bump.
Old 5th April, 2005, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronb62
Problem: Crashes during startup
Error: Blue screen PFN_LIST_CORRUPTED
STOP (0x0000008F,,0x00433132,0x00073132,0x000000000)

Will only start in safe mode.
Have tried:
Restore point to previous day ( now there are no previous ones when there were loads before I Restored),
Choosing last known good config during stat up,
Using msconfig and deselecting everything during strt up,
Using control panel /system/ hardware/device manger and uninstalling everything system related drivers and restarting,
Deleting Pagefile, restarting , recreating new one on different drive, restarting,

There is no option in bios to disable caching or shadowing

Using start /run “verifier” and restarting gives following fault (blue screen STOP)
System is attempting to access memory beyond the end of the allocation
(system driver issue)
STO 0x00000000 CD ( 0x93FA7000,0x00000000,0x80529f47,0x00000000)

Further attempts give same message different number for first item in brackets vis 94743000 or 80529F47 or 90f41000

Having turned off verifier fault report reverts to PFN (page frame Number) list corrupted.

Fault occurred whilst playing MSflight sim2004 with PMDG simulations addon running, I pressed NUMLOCK key so I could alter ailerons and it crashed.

System is home built XP pro SP2, MOBO= Gigabyte K8Triton GA-K8NF-9
Ati radeon X800XT PCI video card. 2 gig sys mem (GEIL), 2x150 gig Raid 0 serial ATA.

It is bang up to date with windows updates and has Norton 2005 antivirus and internet protection also bang up to date.

How do I fix it.
i.e can page frame list be repaired, rebuilt.
Please don’t say reformat and reinstall, it would take weeks to get it back

Thanx RON
Hi Ron,

Seems like memory to me, 2 gigs of Geil huh? What config are you using? I'm running Geil too. Used to get stop errors also. Got it under control by upping DIMM voltage to 2.7. Give it a try. GL

P.S. Found this . So you may want to try Memtest 86 too.

Last edited by DaveBC; 5th April, 2005 at 03:24 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 5th April, 2005, 11:15 AM

Smile Thanks

You were right . I had got desperate and wiped my hard drives including removing partitions and reformatting to make sure that everything was wiped even hidden secure partitions. It all went well even windows updates until I installed SP2 then same message. At that point it had be something to do with the actual physical memory. I removed one of the pairs of mem (1 gig pairs) and moved the other pair into first place. Problem disappered. Still re-installing at moment then will get mem exchanged. Problem is supplier is impossible to get hold of. Permenantly engaged and have turned e-mail off. Cheap supplier -direct internet ordering ,but CR*P to contact for problems. Overclockers UK at Fenton S-o-T.
Old 6th April, 2005, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronb62
You were right . I had got desperate and wiped my hard drives including removing partitions and reformatting to make sure that everything was wiped even hidden secure partitions. It all went well even windows updates until I installed SP2 then same message. At that point it had be something to do with the actual physical memory. I removed one of the pairs of mem (1 gig pairs) and moved the other pair into first place. Problem disappered. Still re-installing at moment then will get mem exchanged. Problem is supplier is impossible to get hold of. Permenantly engaged and have turned e-mail off. Cheap supplier -direct internet ordering ,but CR*P to contact for problems. Overclockers UK at Fenton S-o-T.
kewl glad to hear it. Let us know if you manage to get 2 gigs stable. I still suspect you should try upping the voltage then running memtest86. The errors my be because of low voltage.