AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > CRASHED!

CRASHED! A topic for SEVERE and immediate Hardware and Operating System FAILURES. We will try to get you up again. NOT for Optimization questions!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 24th April, 2005, 01:00 PM
Simon Champion, 3D Car Driver Champion, Taz's Dance Fever Champion, Arcanoid Champion, Simpsons Shooter Champion, Break in the Crowd Champion, Mad Shark Champion, Quad Champion, Super Flash Mario Bros. Champion

Error signiture

Hi ppl, once again i am asking for some of ur knowledge.

over the last few days my pc has been crashing for no apparent reason.
all of a sudden it will just reboot on its own and wotever i'm doing is lost.
when it restarts it says "windows has recovered from a serious error"
i checked the details and the error signiture was as follows-

BCCode : 10000050 BCP1 : EECEFFFF BCP2 : 00000001 BCP3 : 0017E325
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

I have no idea what those numbers and letters mean , so i was wondering if any of you could shed some light on it. Or do any of you know where there is a site with the meanings of error signitures on?

any help would be very gratefully recieved.
Old 24th April, 2005, 01:16 PM
Chief Systems Administrator

Firstly, disable reboot on blue screen. (System properties -> Advanced -> Startup and Recovery -> System Failure -> Automatically reboot) then see what happens.

Have you changed anything in/on your machine before it started falling over? It doesn't matter how small the change was, even if it was just changing a file.
Old 24th April, 2005, 01:21 PM
Simon Champion, 3D Car Driver Champion, Taz's Dance Fever Champion, Arcanoid Champion, Simpsons Shooter Champion, Break in the Crowd Champion, Mad Shark Champion, Quad Champion, Super Flash Mario Bros. Champion

no, i havent changed a thing, i have downloaded afew things from the net, do you think it could be a problem with 1 of those?
Old 24th April, 2005, 02:06 PM
AOA Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajopz
no, i havent changed a thing, i have downloaded afew things from the net, do you think it could be a problem with 1 of those?
It's quite possible.

Have you done some virus scans?

Also, check what processes are running using the task manager. You can google each process name to see what it is and whether it's something you want running or not.
Old 24th April, 2005, 02:47 PM

i ran mcafee and it says its clean, thats a good idea about google'ing the processes in the task manager, always wondered how to find out which 1's r used 4 wot.
i'll try it abit later on tonight when ive got some spare time.

thanx

by the way, does anyone know wots the best software to scan for spyware with, i thought mcafee done it when it ran a virus scan but i was informed the other day it doesnt, so i may have some unwanted programs floating about. i'm on aol and they can check ur pc for ad/spyware, has anyone used this b4?
Old 24th April, 2005, 05:19 PM
AOA Staff

Send a message via AIM to robbie Send a message via MSN to robbie Send a message via Yahoo to robbie Send a message via Skype™ to robbie

www.lavasoft.com get the adware program.
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/ and get spybot as well.
HTH
Rob
Buy it, Sell it, or Trade it in the AoA classifieds!!
AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 24th April, 2005, 05:43 PM

sweet as. cheers boys
Old 24th April, 2005, 05:45 PM

sorry, thats being sexist. i asume evryone who answered is a boy.
so just in case.
cheers boys and girls!