AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > CRASHED!

CRASHED! A topic for SEVERE and immediate Hardware and Operating System FAILURES. We will try to get you up again. NOT for Optimization questions!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 31st May, 2005, 06:35 PM

can't get xp to load on raid

Please help

I am trying to install xp onto a RAID 0+1.
Here's my setup:
Asus A8n-SLI deluxe
4 hitachi deskstar 80 gig sata ii drives

I have the drives connected to the nvraid controller. I have followed the installation instructions in the article on this website but still no luck.

The text portion of the install goes fine, but when windows tries to boot from the array, I get an error message indicating a hardware drive configuration problem, etc etc.

I have been working on this for nearly a week.

Thanks in advance for your help.

-mtcon
Old 31st May, 2005, 08:41 PM

Obvious question, but has to be asked. Are you hitting F6 when the windows installation first boots from the CD to install the required driver from floppy disk?
NVidia 6800GT
Yesico FL-420(T) Fanless 420W PSU
2 x Maxtor DiamondMax 10 80GB SATA RAID0
Silverstone Temjin TJ05S-T Case
Hyundai ImageQuest L90D+ 19" LCD

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 31st May, 2005, 08:45 PM

And if your keyboard has an FLOCK key make sure you turn this on before hitting F6 for the RAID/SCSI drivers.

How do you set up your array after hitting F10 after post?
Old 31st May, 2005, 11:44 PM

I am using BTS's driver packs slipstreamed into a windows install cd. The drivers appear to be loading. I did however try to load the drivers using the F6 key before I discovered the slipstreamed process. When I was using the F6 key I would only get a BSOD with a stop 007b error after the text portion of the install. Now, no BSOD but an error just the same. I have been able to load xp onto one of the drives in a non-raid configuration.

as for F10: i have tried both raid 0 and raid 0+1 using all four drives
thanks for the quick response.
Old 1st June, 2005, 09:15 AM

So are you saying that when you used the F6 method that it actually let you start installing windows? Or that after that initial screen where it's loading all the basic components, before you even get to the stage where it's recognising disks, that it was BSOD'ing on you?
NVidia 6800GT
Yesico FL-420(T) Fanless 420W PSU
2 x Maxtor DiamondMax 10 80GB SATA RAID0
Silverstone Temjin TJ05S-T Case
Hyundai ImageQuest L90D+ 19" LCD

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 22nd March, 2006, 11:03 PM

Great! The only guy to have the same problem as me didn't post the fix or that he gave up!
Old 22nd March, 2006, 11:07 PM

Send a message via AIM to benighted Send a message via MSN to benighted

I couldn't get a slipstreamed CD to work for me. I had to go find a legacy floppy drive and a disk that still worked.

Buy AVG Anti-Virus and Support AOA!!
AOA Team fah
Silent water cooled system:
Zalman Reserator 1.1
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice @ 2400MHZ
Epox 9NDA3+
2GB GSkill PC3200
Maxtor 10 SATA X2 RAID0
eVGA 6800 Ultra 256MB

Old 23rd March, 2006, 10:31 AM
Chief Systems Administrator

Have managed to get the slipstreamed CD working on a Sun Opteron server (nForce 4 based), using nlite.
Old 23rd March, 2006, 03:54 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Nlite worked quite well for me (W2K)....had to take a few runs at it to get it right, well worth the time spent learning to use it! Best of luck!
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Old 24th March, 2006, 02:24 AM

Got it working, but not sure what the problem was. My drives are on ports 3/4 on my motherboard. Win setup recognized the raid (with added drivers), created, formatted a partition, copied the files to the partition, but got the error message described originally in this thread. To "fix" it, I went into the BIOS and enabled ports 1/2 as well. No idea why this would matter. Now that I'm back up and running, I disabled 1/2 again to make sure. No problems. (ports 1/2 on this MB greatly reduce overclocking ability). Hope this helps someone...