AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > CRASHED!

CRASHED! A topic for SEVERE and immediate Hardware and Operating System FAILURES. We will try to get you up again. NOT for Optimization questions!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 4th August, 2005, 04:42 AM

Unhappy New problem. Need help

I have kinda solved the problem I had in my previous post:
Lockups, need help

However now I have a new problem. I solved my other problem by moving the memories from the 2 green slots on the mainboard to 1 green and 1 purple. I started the computer and managed to ged rid of the bluescreen and the freezes but not without the cost of a new problem.
My new problem is that I get alot of CRC errors now when installing biggers things ( Like most games for example). Before I switched one of the memory sticks to purple I didnt seem to have these problems since I managed to install a few games ( Painkiller, warcraft 3 FT, battlefield 2 for example) but now with the sticks in green and purple Im having problems installing most games ( Got crc error on painkiller expansion, farcry, cold fear for example. however I got empire earth 2 to get installed).
Ive hard this problem could be cause of an faulty hard disk but Ive used both of the ones I have installed right now in my old computer and they worked perfectly there.
Anyone got any suggestion on what the problem can be?

My system:
Gainward 7800GTX GS 256mb
AMD 64 3200+ 90nm venice
2X TwinMos Speed premium 3200 512mb cl2.5 winbond BH-5
MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum nForce4 Ultra
CD-RW
Tagan TG420-U02 i-Xeye PSU420W
+3.3V 28A
+5V 42A
+12V 22A
Old 4th August, 2005, 04:59 AM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Chesso

I only recently learnt what CRC is and the only hardware that would have an affect on this to my knowledge would be the cd/dvd drive your'e installing the games from. Do you have other drives you can try it from?
Old 4th August, 2005, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesso
I only recently learnt what CRC is and the only hardware that would have an affect on this to my knowledge would be the cd/dvd drive your'e installing the games from. Do you have other drives you can try it from?
I have tried different things. I can move things from my CD drive to my hdd's for example but yet I cant install anything. I tried to make an image from the CD to see if that would work. I managed to make an image but I still got the same problem mounting the image with daemon tools and install it from there. I even tried to just move the content from one of my CDs to one of the hdd's to try and install it like that but that didnt work either.
Old 4th August, 2005, 05:15 AM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Chesso

So you can sucessully get data from a cd/dvd onto the hdd without CRC error's? if so im not really sure what to say there.......
Old 4th August, 2005, 11:53 AM
Chief Systems Administrator

Have you run memtest86+ on the system? CRC errors can be caused by issues with memory. Memtest86+ is a fairly good test of memory.
Old 4th August, 2005, 07:22 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

You can download it on AOA Files...":O}
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 6th August, 2005, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Áedán
Have you run memtest86+ on the system? CRC errors can be caused by issues with memory. Memtest86+ is a fairly good test of memory.
I have run memtest for around 3 hours and it didnt find any errors.
Old 6th August, 2005, 05:54 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Welcome to AOA Forums, Cane!

I just want to check if you're running Linux. Windows has daemons, but I don't think you can see them. Might be wrong about that.
Old 6th August, 2005, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloasters
Welcome to AOA Forums, Cane!

I just want to check if you're running Linux. Windows has daemons, but I don't think you can see them. Might be wrong about that.
No, im not running Linux. Im running Windows XP.