AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > CRASHED!

CRASHED! A topic for SEVERE and immediate Hardware and Operating System FAILURES. We will try to get you up again. NOT for Optimization questions!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 19th August, 2005, 01:39 AM

flashed bios failed on ASUS GeForce N6200...some help

I just recently tried to flash the bios on my GeForce N6200 with a ASUS GeForce N6600. I first made a backup of my original bios on the bootable floppy, then flashed the new one over to the card. It says it was sucessful and put me back in A: prompt. So I restart it, and it's just blacking out. At this point I figured, 'oh well, i'll just reflash blind back to my backup.' BUT!! There's a problem: the computer won't boot the floppy. I went into CMOS and made the floppy first boot priority, it was at first CDROM, Floppy, HD, now Floppy, CDROM, HD. For some reason it still refuses to boot the floppy when the graphics card is in. All I really need help is to figure out how to boot to floppy first.

Specs:
ASUS nVidia GeForce N6200 128MB AGP 4x
VIA Hyperion 4in1 MOBO
1 Gig DDR Hyper-X 333 MHz
WD 120Gb IDE 7200 RPM

Any quick help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 19th August, 2005, 02:51 AM

Send a message via AIM to Exile69 Send a message via MSN to Exile69

Ugh..there's an F button you can press I think to bring up the drive boot menu. For now just try all the different f buttons I guess.

AOA Team fah

Abit NF-M2 | XFX 8600GT | AM2 X2 3800+ | 2Gb G.Skill DDR2 800 | Aspire X-QPack | 250Gb Western Digital | Creative X-Fi + Logitech X530 5.1
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 19th August, 2005, 04:46 AM

An update on trying to fix my card. I just realized that my mobo BIOS won't even load. Does this mean my video card is fuxz0rzed? I think I would be able to save it if I had a PCI slot graphics card.