AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > CRASHED!

CRASHED! A topic for SEVERE and immediate Hardware and Operating System FAILURES. We will try to get you up again. NOT for Optimization questions!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 16th September, 2005, 02:33 PM

Send a message via MSN to JC Denton

PC problems have gotten too bad for me...

this isnt exactly a crash but its bad enough to be severe.

not only G mail doesnt want to open anymore i cant even install SP2 for XP !!!

i need help really fast...

i dont know what teh hell is wrong with this system...the OS and other programs are totally the same one and it wokred before i formated teh HDD...
Old 16th September, 2005, 03:20 PM
AOA Staff

service pack 2 should be applied immediatly after the windows disk is done loading before anything else is loaded, the more things on your machine the more likely it will fail.
Old 16th September, 2005, 08:09 PM

well actually now i read teh error message it says my CD key doesnt match with something bla bla bla anti piracy **** ( yes ym XP is a copy )...

i tought SP2 was released for all Win users even those who dont own the original copy of XP ( hell, it worked before )...
Old 16th September, 2005, 09:00 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

This saddens me greatly

You need to do the following:

1) RUN, DO NOT WALK to the nearest store and purchase a legal copy of XP. It doesn't matter if you think it costs too much, or you don't like the product activation or whatever. Stealing is stealing, no matter who you do it to or why. There are free alternatives to XP. They may not be as good, but they are free, and it isn't like you or your family are in danger of life or limb if you don't have XP.

2) Do not discuss your use of pirated software here ever again. We do not support or condone software piracy. More to the point, we could be shut down if we allowed such discussion.

If you do not wish to do either of these things, that is your choice. However, if you choose not to do item 1, do not post here about your problems. If you choose not to do item 2, you will be banned.

Whatever difference in point of view on this we may have, we have this in common, we are put at risk by discussions or admissions concerning pirated software.
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 16th September, 2005, 09:43 PM

that would be impossible since i drained my bank account dry ( hardware costs a lot too )
Old 16th September, 2005, 10:16 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Do what I do, do without until that which we want can be honorably obtained.

Don't you think that someone in my position could get EVERYTHING they want in terms of computers if they were willing to give suppliers YOU, our members, in return?

At some point the line is drawn...or it doesn't get drawn and we drift toward the unspeakable... Your life, your choice. You pay either way. Either way you pay.

Wouldn't you rather be able to stand before us and declare your self honest without hesitation? You can you know. But it costs, every day, to be able to do so. Honesty is the highest rent district in the human heart, nothing will cost you more than to be yourself... unaided by unworthy deeds.

The man who would be honest, must give up what the desires cling to in order to ascend with the aspirations of a compassionate spirit.

There is ALWAYS so much more at stake than the single issue before us.

If two atoms cannot meet without consequence, should we then not be careful in the smallest thing we do to remain upright and of service to the welfare of this world?

Save yourself! Don't just drift away into the boundless, unable any longer to restrain yourself in the face of the smallest temptation...
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur

Last edited by Daniel ~; 16th September, 2005 at 10:27 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 16th September, 2005, 10:33 PM

ummm...can u translate that in plain english ?
Old 16th September, 2005, 10:39 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Actually it is in English. Could you get off your dead ass and do the work necessary to understand it please.":O}
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur