AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > CRASHED!

CRASHED! A topic for SEVERE and immediate Hardware and Operating System FAILURES. We will try to get you up again. NOT for Optimization questions!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 19th December, 2005, 01:36 AM
Member/Contributer

PC not powering down/switching off?

My Epox rig below is behaving weired.

I noticed a few weeks ago that after I'd clicked "Shut Down" the machine goes through the routine of shutting down right up until the monitor signal switches off but all the case fans are still going, so the PSU (Tagan 2Force 530W modular) has not actually shut down. This happens 4/5 times and I have to power it down by holding the Power button in for 5 sec.

I thought it may be just unstable so lowered my OC and even re-installed but its still doing it. Any ideas, PSU or motherboard?

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 20th December, 2005, 07:00 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

A driver may not be relinquishing its "hold" on the system. Check that all of your "Power" options in Windows are set to "never go into Standby, never go to Sleep, off means Off." Right click your desktop, select "Properties" and make sure that the power settings in "Display" agree with the settings in "Power."
Old 21st December, 2005, 01:05 PM
Member/Contributer

Things seem to be getting even worse now! I've re-installed and I'm finding it exceptionally difficult to run at any setting other than stock?! The PC was re-installed at stock settings and I have tried to run my usual 280HTT with no success. 270HTT, no go...keep getting BSOD when BF2 starts up. May have to have a look in the case and see whats going on.

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 21st December, 2005, 05:16 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Is there a chance that the m'board can't really handle 4 Dimms?
Old 21st December, 2005, 08:45 PM
Member/Contributer

Cloasters, it might be but the board has been running the same 4 DIMMS for the past 4 months. Will try and take two out in a minute.

Ok, this is the BSOD message I get at an OC of 250HTT, "PFN_LIST_CORRUPT"...blah blah blah. Any ideas what it means? It happens when I was running 3DM03 to test for stability.

AOA Team fah
Old 21st December, 2005, 08:50 PM
5 Card Draw Champion, Tomb Digger Champion, Alpha Force Champion, Autobahn Champion, Big Bird Hunting Champion, Mumu Champion, Attack of the Tweety Zombies Champion

Page Frame Number list

Join our F@H team today.. http://www.team45.info/
Are you a subscriber? No? well then, why not....
Subscribe to AOA for a better experience and faster downloads!
How to unlock and overclock your Nvidia 6800
BIOS Volt-mod your 7800gt

AOA Team fah