AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > CRASHED!

CRASHED! A topic for SEVERE and immediate Hardware and Operating System FAILURES. We will try to get you up again. NOT for Optimization questions!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 17th February, 2006, 01:57 PM

!!!help Please Bad Flash Dead Board 8rda3+pro!!

WELL FLASHED THE NEW BIOS FROM MERLIN AND EVERYTHING WENT OK IT REBOOTED AND NOTHING! I TRYED MAKING A RECOVERY DISK FOR BOOT BLOCK FLASHING IT WILL NOT ACCESS THE FLOPPY BUT THE CD ROM LIGHT KEEPS COMING ON. i TRYED MAKING A BOOTABLE BIOS RECOVERY CD BUT MUST NOT BE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT NOT SURE IF THAT WOULD EVEN WORK DOES ANYONE HAVE AN iso RECOVERY DISK THAT WOULD WORK FOR THIS BOARD I COULD GET FROM THEM?? i TRIED EVERYTHING i AM GOING CRAZY JUST SPENT ALOT OF MONEY INTO THIS AND IT IS DEAD PLEASE HELP
Old 17th February, 2006, 02:32 PM
Chief Systems Administrator

Try turning off caps lock first!

Secondly, the 8RDA3+Pro board has a two digit display on the motherboard. What is shown on that display?
Old 17th February, 2006, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Áedán
Try turning off caps lock first!

Secondly, the 8RDA3+Pro board has a two digit display on the motherboard. What is shown on that display?
it just goes frm c1 to c3 in the lead man I been up all night sorry but was typing my disks in caps and I am stressed
Old 17th February, 2006, 05:09 PM
Chief Systems Administrator

Try disconnecting the system from the mains power for 30 seconds before attempting to boot. If I remember correctly, there is an issue with cold boot and Merlin's BIOS that stops the machine from booting quite right.

The good news is that the BIOS is actually intact or you'd not get C1.
Old 17th February, 2006, 07:24 PM

Hey,

I'm pretty much guilty for this one I'm sorry, I think I gave you the wrong link. I'm going to delete that file from my webspace.

I'm terribly sorry man, I really feel bad about this. I got confused because I've gotten several versions from Merlin that didn't work.
The correct path for the 2nd version by Merlin that works is posted in the romsip mod thread on page 22 (post #429).
You will need to do a hotflash. I always get myself a spare bios chip so I can hotflash it. Perhaps you can order one from Epox.
2x WD Raptors 74gb R0
2x Maxtor 300gb
Asus Geforce EN8800GT
Windoors XP Pro sp2

Download here OcBible 1.55 & Guidemania v1.21
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 17th February, 2006, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf2000me
Hey,

I'm pretty much guilty for this one I'm sorry, I think I gave you the wrong link. I'm going to delete that file from my webspace.

I'm terribly sorry man, I really feel bad about this. I got confused because I've gotten several versions from Merlin that didn't work.
The correct path for the 2nd version by Merlin that works is posted in the romsip mod thread on page 22 (post #429).
You will need to do a hotflash. I always get myself a spare bios chip so I can hotflash it. Perhaps you can order one from Epox.
what about a boot block bios recovery so far it will not access the floppy! It access the cdrom I think any way to do it from there? could I just make a bottable floppy take all the files off and put it on a cdrom? man I am havin a rough week. how much does epox charge for one of them?Well I am going to go get a beer been sober four months.
Old 18th February, 2006, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf2000me
Hey,

I wish I could hot flash it All I have is my 8kha+ to do it on and I do not think it is compatible even if uniflash -force had an id for this bios chip I think the voltages for the chip is different and the size is for sure not sure how much that matters
Old 18th February, 2006, 01:52 AM

I wouldn't do that. That very unlikely to be compatible. Try with someone who has an nforce2 board. I know of several people who did that successfully.
2x WD Raptors 74gb R0
2x Maxtor 300gb
Asus Geforce EN8800GT
Windoors XP Pro sp2

Download here OcBible 1.55 & Guidemania v1.21
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 18th February, 2006, 05:41 AM
AOA Staff

Send a message via AIM to robbie Send a message via MSN to robbie Send a message via Yahoo to robbie Send a message via Skype™ to robbie

Have you tried to reset the cmos?!?!?
Buy it, Sell it, or Trade it in the AoA classifieds!!
AOA Team fah
Old 18th February, 2006, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie
Have you tried to reset the cmos?!?!?
lots more than once disconnected everything tried making boot cdrom for boot block bios recovery the floppy was never accesed and changed the drive just to make sure made several disks for recovery none worked board is out of box now and deciding what to do would like to get a new bios chip with bios flashed on it from somewhere! think my bios chip is gone now I put it in my 8kha+ and that says 5v and this one runs at 3v I burned my fingers taking it out I have never RMAed anything before not sure what to say or do kinda my fault but I could kinda say bios flash went bad there was a sticker on the bios chip kinda melted of it now What should I do any suggestions?