AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > CRASHED!

CRASHED! A topic for SEVERE and immediate Hardware and Operating System FAILURES. We will try to get you up again. NOT for Optimization questions!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 26th April, 2006, 06:30 PM

Send a message via AIM to Skiracing108

Machine_check_exception

contiuosly get this error-i backed clocks down and i dont know what else it could be
evga 7800gtx CORE 498mhz MEM 1.29ghz
Maxtor 250gig hardrive
soundblaster-audigy 2z's
Klipsch pro media 5:1 surround sound
Thermaltake 500w psu
AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 26th April, 2006, 09:01 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

Machine check exceptions can be caused by any number of things, almost always hardware related. Can you give any other information? There should be a stop code and some other stuff as well.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 26th April, 2006, 09:02 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

Here is what MS has to say about it: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329284
Old 26th April, 2006, 09:22 PM

Send a message via AIM to Skiracing108

You are running the processor or mainboard beyond its specifications. For example, you are overclocking the processor or bus. We recommend that you run your hardware at the manufacturer-rated speeds.
• Noisy power, overstressed power strips, outmatched power supplies and failing power supplies can destabilize your computer. Make sure that you have a stable, reliable power supply to your computer.
• Extreme thermal conditions caused by the failure of cooling devices such as fans may damage your computer. Make sure that your cooling devices are all working.
• You have damaged memory or memory that is not the correct type for your computer. If you recently changed the memory configuration, revert to the previous configuration to determine what is wrong. Make sure that you are using the correct memory for your computer.

none of these are it i backed clocks way back to stock
evga 7800gtx CORE 498mhz MEM 1.29ghz
Maxtor 250gig hardrive
soundblaster-audigy 2z's
Klipsch pro media 5:1 surround sound
Thermaltake 500w psu
AOA Team fah
Old 26th April, 2006, 09:39 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

I repeat my previous question: Can you give us any other information?

I assume we are talking about the kit in your sig?
What is the stop code that you are getting? (the numbers in parenthesis)
Is there any other information on the blue screen (loaded drivers, that sort of thing)
Did you change any hardware just before this problem started?
Did you change any drivers just before this problem started?
Did you change any software just before this problem started?

We need details dude. Saying "help, my computer is broke, what's wrong?" is kinda like going to your mechanic and saying "My car won't start, why not?"