AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > CRASHED!

CRASHED! A topic for SEVERE and immediate Hardware and Operating System FAILURES. We will try to get you up again. NOT for Optimization questions!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 22nd September, 2006, 08:05 PM

help with new build!

Hey folks! Just got the parts in:

ECS nForce 570 Slit-A SLI mobo
Core 2 Duo E6400
Kingston Hyperx 1GB PC2-5400 DDR2-675 Ram (4-4-4-10 @1.8v)
Seagate Barracuda 250gb Sata2 HD
XFX 7900GS XT Vid card
Pioner DVD Burner
Xion2 Case
Fortron 450watt PSU

Now...problem being, once all built and dandy, things arent so dandy!

Installing windows; Formats HD ok (both long + quick), but had Major problems happening when copying files (before the windows install GUI loads up). The system would give me BSOD!! with a STOP 0x0000000A error, with IRQL_Less_or_Equal...

Ran Memtest86, bad ram...contacted Kingston, who informed me i had the wrong timings...set to 4-4-4-10 @ 1.8v, made it to the windows install GUI, where it hangs at 39 Minutes remaining, little progress bar and teaser information still scrolling...never ever leaves 39 mins. Memtest86 shows RAM errors again...

The question being, is a problem like this usually related to RAM? Or could it be the hard drive or DVD drive? Is not IRQ referring to the interrupts for devices? All parts are brand new, any help or ideas would be super appreciated!!

-Ashley
Old 22nd September, 2006, 09:48 PM
Member/Contributor/Resident Crystal Ball

up the ram volts a little. 2.0v or so. Might be D9GMH which sometimes doesn't like anything less than 2.0v.
Old 23rd September, 2006, 03:44 AM

Now...tried 2.0v...no change...also: took the ram to a friends house, popped it in his machine, booted up and ran CS source just fine...

then I tried the hard drive in his pc...once in XP it seemed to work as a secondary drive just fine, but booting it up as the only hd, still couldnt install windows...

Then, once home, tried an old old HD...same problems...grargh this is frustrating!

-Ashley
Old 24th September, 2006, 05:44 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

I wonder if 450W is enough for the rather power hungry Core Duo CPU--plus the genuinely power hungry Vidcard?
Old 24th September, 2006, 10:07 PM
AOA Staff

Send a message via AIM to robbie Send a message via MSN to robbie Send a message via Yahoo to robbie Send a message via Skype™ to robbie

Go into your bios and load the fail safe settings. Then try to reload the OS.
Buy it, Sell it, or Trade it in the AoA classifieds!!
AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 26th September, 2006, 04:50 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Win XP doesn't have to be on the C:/ drive or partition to boot the box, does it? Sorry, can't remember.
Old 4th October, 2006, 02:32 AM

hrm...looks like it was ram issue...for some reason, it wont seem to run out of sync with fsb...well...now that's untrue either, I can run the ram as ddr2-533 or 566 and it runs fine and stable...cant get it up to 667 though...hrm...

-Ashley