AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > CRASHED!

CRASHED! A topic for SEVERE and immediate Hardware and Operating System FAILURES. We will try to get you up again. NOT for Optimization questions!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 4th November, 2006, 01:32 AM

9NPA+Ultra won't POST, code "d0" HELP!!!

I've had this motherboard for about 4 months. I powered up the computer today, and the power/hdd lights didn't come on, nor did the monitor turn on. I reset the computer, and it came up to the post screen telling me to access the BIOS, but no keystrokes would register.

I rest the computer once more, and get absolutely nothing.

I've reset the CMOS multiple times as well as removing the battery for about an hour with no luck. I keep getting post code d0, which I can find absolutely no information about.

Any help would be great. Thanks!
Old 4th November, 2006, 11:06 AM

I can't find anything on this post code, are you sure it's a d0 and not maybe something else?
Sounds like it's game over for your board....maybe flashing the bios or getting a new BIOS chip could help.
Is your pc overclocked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf2000me
Skinny people are not petite in every aspect of the body, let me tell you that
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsio
I was searching for a synonym for testicles that rhymed with hats

[/FONT]

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 4th November, 2006, 11:37 AM

The first thing I'd suggest you check would be all power connectors as these sometimes creep off the board over time if not mated firmly enough and also check that the CPU and memory are properly seated.

I think the post code is CPU and early bios initialisation so its a long shot but I'd also check all the PCI cards and data connectors.

The next stage would be to disconnect all peripheral devices and remove PCI cards to see if that changes anything

Finally I'd try running the board outside the case to eliminate shorts - one I've seen a few times is down to circuit tracks close to a mounting hole although most EPOX boards I've seen seem to be better designed than most in this respect.

After this its really down to a process of elimination - I'd suggest starting with the CPU - I hope this helps and good luck.
Old 14th November, 2006, 04:56 PM

I ended up RMA-ing the motherboard after replacing all components with known working components outside of the case and getting the same post code.

Thanks for the ideas.
Old 14th November, 2006, 05:11 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Hope you get a new one toute de suite!