AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > CRASHED!

CRASHED! A topic for SEVERE and immediate Hardware and Operating System FAILURES. We will try to get you up again. NOT for Optimization questions!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 26th February, 2007, 06:43 PM
Benchmarker

Send a message via Yahoo to chrisbard

Question New Case Not Working :(

My friend asked me to install his computer parts in this new case he bought. Everything went well except for the front lcd which is working for about 2 seconds then it's turning off. Here are some pics of the conections I made. First I conected the LCD power cord to a regular molex (pic1). Then another molex (pic2) to the side fan. Pls tell me if I did something wrong.

Tx Chris
Attached Thumbnails
New Case Not Working :(-dsc02091.jpg   New Case Not Working :(-dsc02090.jpg   New Case Not Working :(-dsc02089.jpg   New Case Not Working :(-dsc02088.jpg  
I've heard that linux community came up with better implemented security in it's latest Linux Mint Gold version, it's actually preventing the user to log in, thus posing 0 risk in contamining the computer with malware! Well done to the open source community!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 26th February, 2007, 07:13 PM
AOA's resident barman

Send a message via ICQ to Favu Send a message via AIM to Favu Send a message via MSN to Favu

Errmmm, I'm guessing you didn't, for example, do it while it was turned on?

Did the PSU come with the case? It could be that the PSU is dodgy, or does the PC work fine?

Custom 8-bit Sharp Z80 @ 4.194304 MHz
Reflective LCD @ 160 × 144
8 kByte S-RAM

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 26th February, 2007, 07:18 PM
Member / Master of Toiletries

Send a message via MSN to Toro Send a message via Skype™ to Toro

are they the only connectors available for this?

"Check the Forum Rules Announcement, listed there."

AOA Team fah

Old 26th February, 2007, 07:21 PM
Benchmarker

Unhappy

I think I know what is wrong, I have open the inside of the lcd and a simple thumb on the LCD chip and everything is fine. So I think it's broken

You guys know Zoli is his computer and he'll take back the case tommorow. Here is the pic with the chip. The strange thing is that somehow the hdd is having to do with this. Whenever I have hdd activity the lcd goes almost perfect. when not it dies :
Attached Thumbnails
New Case Not Working :(-dsc02092.jpg  
I've heard that linux community came up with better implemented security in it's latest Linux Mint Gold version, it's actually preventing the user to log in, thus posing 0 risk in contamining the computer with malware! Well done to the open source community!

Last edited by chrisbard; 26th February, 2007 at 07:29 PM.
Old 26th February, 2007, 07:23 PM
AOA's resident barman

Send a message via ICQ to Favu Send a message via AIM to Favu Send a message via MSN to Favu

That must be annoying!! Maybe you can return the case? Or sellotape something to it to hold it in place?

Custom 8-bit Sharp Z80 @ 4.194304 MHz
Reflective LCD @ 160 × 144
8 kByte S-RAM

Old 26th February, 2007, 07:42 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

I luuuv it. Extra crap that doesn't work right, aarrgh!
Old 26th February, 2007, 07:42 PM
Member / Master of Toiletries

Send a message via MSN to Toro Send a message via Skype™ to Toro

turns out pressing isnt what he meant... just touching it fixes it, which is damn weird... I think Zoli should just pay chris to touch it

oh my god, that sounds wrong lol

"Check the Forum Rules Announcement, listed there."

AOA Team fah

Old 26th February, 2007, 07:48 PM
Benchmarker

Red face

OMG ROFL LMAO TORO Well it's working now, the cable with the molex I attach to power the lcd had an extra molex to power an aditional device and unless it's used to power one hdd the lcd was not working. In the case manual doesn't say a thing about it !!! (((

Last edited by chrisbard; 26th February, 2007 at 08:09 PM.
Old 26th February, 2007, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbard
OMG ROFL LMAO TORO Well it's working now, the cable with the molex I attach to power the lcd had an extra molex to power an aditional device and unless it's used to power one hdd the lcd was not working. In the case manual doesn't say a thing about it !!! (((
That doesn't sound too good.
Maybe you should watch out with other components shared with the LCD. I can't see it do any good when shared with any device. I'd say test the system for stability to be sure
Giving it a dedicated line might not be a bad idea.
2x WD Raptors 74gb R0
2x Maxtor 300gb
Asus Geforce EN8800GT
Windoors XP Pro sp2

Download here OcBible 1.55 & Guidemania v1.21
Old 27th February, 2007, 10:08 AM
Team 45 Folder

Send a message via MSN to Got EpOx Send a message via Skype™ to Got EpOx

What case is it Chris?
232GB Western Digital 'My Book' External HDD USB 2.0
80GB Hitachi SATA HDD
Onboard Audio
Intel GMA 950 Onboard Video
Want to make a difference without leaving your chair?, then join the AOA folding team today!
AOA Folding @Home
Old 28th February, 2007, 01:17 AM

Nice thumbs Christ

ASUS G73 SW, IE7, 20 GB DD3 ram

AOA Team fah
Old 28th February, 2007, 08:53 PM
Benchmarker

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongwolf
Nice thumbs Christ
Thanks man, my thoughts and prayers goes 2 U

Old 2nd March, 2007, 02:13 AM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Chris, that's a very insolent kangaroo. Send him to the White House, I hear that The George appreciates good company! No, I don't blame the preznit for everything.
Old 2nd March, 2007, 09:06 PM
Benchmarker

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloasters
Chris, that's a very insolent kangaroo. Send him to the White House, I hear that The George appreciates good company! No, I don't blame the preznit for everything.
Can't do that. It is already at the whitehouse, is the simbol of what he thinks about life...not his life... !!!!