AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > CRASHED!

CRASHED! A topic for SEVERE and immediate Hardware and Operating System FAILURES. We will try to get you up again. NOT for Optimization questions!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 13th April, 2007, 12:00 AM

Send a message via AIM to arliene21 Send a message via MSN to arliene21 Send a message via Yahoo to arliene21

ntoskrnl.exe timeout

Hi all I am back with a new problem.My os is win 2000 pro all updates current,8rdapro,amd antholon xp 1900+ 1,047.012 kb ddr shielded blue giel 2500,G Force 6600 5.43.02.64,IRQ19 AGP 8X, 256 MB,Forceware 93.71.Os is on 40 gig maxtor94610us,slaved 150 gig hitachiHDS721616PLAT80,added a AXV CD/DVD-ROM SCSI DdRom Device,Mitsumi CRR-4804te. Anyway the first few crashes were last year due to PS 1 year old 450 wat burnout.Replaced with another identical off brand star i believe.I know get a 650 or better. I will soon.I am not over-clocking like I used to miss doing so. Babying the machine till more bucks to upgrade. Since fixing the problems of the past developed other anomalies. Like audio channel went kaboom so bipassed it was on quad channel just went to 2. Ethernet on board crashed several times.Just added a card.Fixed!Then when only error checking thoroughly at boot would crash after check.Just restart then ok. Then started to crash before through error check.Note when I basic error check system does not crash scratches head? I don't have a clue. Well did an update to debug and saved my debug copies if I did them correctly? Sorry I cannot upload all files but you get the picture.Well long live folding home peac out ~Andy[ATTACH]ntoskrnl.exe timeout-cert.php.jpg

Mini030307-01.rtf

Mini032807-01.rtf

Mini051306-01.rtf

Mini091506-01.rtf[/ATTACH]
Old 13th April, 2007, 06:48 PM

Send a message via AIM to arliene21 Send a message via MSN to arliene21 Send a message via Yahoo to arliene21

Hey I see I have gotton lots of views.Well Guess what I recieved the windows patches yesterday eve.And one was ntoskrnl.exe fix so now no crashes.Yet what gives?
Old 13th April, 2007, 08:06 PM

Send a message via MSN to Samuknow

Glad to see you got it sorted. Just saw this today.

Fold on my friend....Fold on...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 14th April, 2007, 04:36 AM

Well my brother you are so welcome.Bumped uop to 3200 on the processor today again.Tryed agp in bios at 1.6 and this afternoon swapped back to 1,5 and ran slugish on both accounts.So got curious if board was getting onery so bumped up.Well it screams but I think it is time to go with bigger and better system.On the folding home I added a 7th system wit data exchange.I do have a system I want to use for #8 but I boo booe d with it.Its an intel board all stock.I uploaded specks.All was fine till I tryed to save the os.Well I moved the jumper for bios over and now no vid.I moved jumper back but bet I cleared bios?I tried a vid card I mean the mach cooks.But no vid.I think I should get another bios or a board.What do you all think?~Andy
Attached Thumbnails
ntoskrnl.exe timeout-d865glc_lg-intel-motherboard.jpg   ntoskrnl.exe timeout-cert.php2.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf lc_productbrief intel motherboard.pdf (252.2 KB, 105 views)
Old 17th April, 2007, 03:44 PM

Nice folding park you got there

Maybe the reason why you had several views but few replies is because it's not very easy determining what exactly you're asking. You give a lot of info, which is totally okay, but they're rather hard to place. Well at least for me it is.
Allow me to give you a bit of constructive advice

Use at least one space after a punctuation symbol. I always use two spaces after a point, but that's just me.
Seperate different sections of your text by one enter or two enters if it needs to be emphasized more that it is a seperate section.
When listing components, place them in a list formation like in my signature.
If you have one or multiple problems, make sure their sympthoms are easily readable and seperated from each other.

To your problem.
If it is hard disk related you will find a lot of info in your event viewer accessible from the control panel and then the administrative tools. Look in the system log for errors or warnings.
Occasionally fix your file system. I have noticed that on the epox 8RDA(X) Pro boards the storage controllers aren't exactly always error free. If your file system is NTFS then you should have no problem fixing it through the standard methods provided by your OS.
Note though that not all of these boards have shoddy storage controllers. My current board experiences storage problems quite often. This wasn't the case with my previous board, which is the exact same model as my current one.
My brother also uses an 8RDA6+Pro and has shoddy storage handling too, similar to mine but not quite the same.
But it is no real biggy as it is easily fixable.
2x WD Raptors 74gb R0
2x Maxtor 300gb
Asus Geforce EN8800GT
Windoors XP Pro sp2

Download here OcBible 1.55 & Guidemania v1.21
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 17th April, 2007, 07:48 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Wow, not really a good citation of some Epox m'boards. Storage problems are below the belt, IMHO.
Old 17th April, 2007, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloasters
Wow, not really a good citation of some Epox m'boards. Storage problems are below the belt, IMHO.
Yeah. I lost complete function of my NVraid controller. My SI SATA controller occasionally trips up and triggers an automatic disk check. If I let the OS do this once a month I don't have a problem.
I think it has something to do with the last batch of boards. I've had a version 1.2 that never experienced a single hiccup in anything. I now have a version 1.4 which gives me these problems. My brother also has a version 1.4 and similar problems.
2x WD Raptors 74gb R0
2x Maxtor 300gb
Asus Geforce EN8800GT
Windoors XP Pro sp2

Download here OcBible 1.55 & Guidemania v1.21