AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > CRASHED!

CRASHED! A topic for SEVERE and immediate Hardware and Operating System FAILURES. We will try to get you up again. NOT for Optimization questions!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 24th July, 2007, 07:22 PM

Thumbs down Epox 9nda3+ c1 memory crash

Alright guys, about a week ago i added some life to my old system by adding another gig of ram [now running 2 gigs in 4 dimms of 512] and also an aftermarket cpu cooler, dvd burner, case fans and vista home premium. It had been working great all week overclocked from 2.2[3700+] to 2.5ish voltage upped .75v. Anyways i left it on last night like usual and cannot get it to boot in dual channel with two or 4 dimms. I just get the usual c1 post code relating to memory error. I have tried cleaning the slots with alcohol on a qtip but no-go. Any help would be great. The only thing i can think of that i screwed with on the mobo is a cap. or resistor [not sure, black cylinder] that was near my socket, it was in my coolers way and it has had my coolers heatpipe on it all week. Doubt that is related but just giving you the info. All combinations of sticks work fine as long as they are in dual channel. Any help would be great. Also im sorry for my terrible typing skills, i am currently using my wii so i can troubleshoot my pc. Go opera browser. Thanks
Old 25th July, 2007, 12:41 AM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Welcome to AOA, robbieisurfrien!
Could you clarify a bit, please? Near the end of your post you typed ~"All combinations of sticks work fine as long as they are in dual channel." At the beginning of the post the box can't get into dual-channel. Signed, confused in Seattle.
Old 25th July, 2007, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloasters
Welcome to AOA, robbieisurfrien!
Could you clarify a bit, please? Near the end of your post you typed ~"All combinations of sticks work fine as long as they are in dual channel." At the beginning of the post the box can't get into dual-channel. Signed, confused in Seattle.
Im sorry for the terrible typing. Like i said i was typing on my wii web browser and it makes it to where you can only see the past few words you typed which makes it hard to type coherently. What i meant was that any combination of sticks would work as long as it was single channel, I WAS WRONG. I guess i tested the same stick twice because i tested all combinations again and i have a bad stick of ram. One of the new sticks of ram has failed and now requires a RMA. I guess i am back to one gig in dual channel for awhile. Thanks for attempting to help me though. Hopefully the next set wont fail in a week but it was better now that down the line.
Old 25th July, 2007, 02:04 PM
Chief Systems Administrator

It's great that you've got it fixed, but a PITA that you had to go through the troubleshooting and RMA process.