AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > CRASHED!

CRASHED! A topic for SEVERE and immediate Hardware and Operating System FAILURES. We will try to get you up again. NOT for Optimization questions!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11th August, 2007, 12:48 PM
Penguin Bashing Champion, Action Fish Champion, Cat Bowling Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion

Problems, yet again...

Well, i got my new parts, as you can see in my sig and now it seems something is not right.
id be browsing the net going through last.fm, and the like when all of a sudden the computer just shuts down. No noises or BSOD's. it just stops. It restarts fine and i'd go back onto the net and it just keeps doing it over and over again.
the weird thing is that the longer i leave it shutdown for, the longer i can stay on the net for.
i dunno, is this heat related, or a **** PSU, again... Should i flash Mr. BIOS to the latest version or not?

Plus, regarding my last thread about my PSU taking my mobo with it, it seems as though it has also taken a GPU with it as well. Whenever i play a game which uses my second card, the screen just gets unreadable. Artifacting and glitching everywhere, even in the menu screens.

I havnt been able to play games for over a month now , and i am really getting pissed off with **** parts!

On the games that dont require sli though, core 2 is smokin fast compared to X2. Im lovin it.

Please give any help or suggestions guys.
Thanks.
GPU: MSI 8800GTX HD-OC 610/1000 768MB
PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower 750W
Case: Thermaltake Shark Black Aluminium Case
HD: Hitachi 160GB 8MB Cache 7200rpm and a Western Digital WD2500KS 250GB 16MB Cache 7200rpm
Sound Card: Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
Speakers: Logitech Z-640
DVD Burner: LG GSA-4163BBK Dual Layer
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11th August, 2007, 02:25 PM

Send a message via MSN to Samuknow

You mentioned issues with you scrolling making noise. Now it is shutting down also.

This could be card related. My rig would shut down in the middle of the day for no reason. It was folding ( go team 45) and it would just shut off. The video card finally failed. After putting in a stand by PCI card, the shutting down stopped. I think a bad card is the cause of both of your problems.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 13th August, 2007, 11:07 AM

Run your machine with each card on its own. See if one of the cards is faulty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf2000me
Skinny people are not petite in every aspect of the body, let me tell you that
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsio
I was searching for a synonym for testicles that rhymed with hats

[/FONT]