AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > CRASHED!

CRASHED! A topic for SEVERE and immediate Hardware and Operating System FAILURES. We will try to get you up again. NOT for Optimization questions!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 6th April, 2002, 07:34 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to coolyoyo

Soltek 75DRV5 won't boot

Just got this Soltek 75DRV5 mobo but it won't boot not even POST...just a black screen. If I clear the CMOS at least I can get into BIOS. But whether I make changes or not, as soon as I exit BIOS it won't boot or POST. Not until I clear the CMOS again.

Other Hardware:
OCZ PC3000 DDR ram
Asus V3800CE video card
YS tech fan connected to FAN1 connector
Old 7th April, 2002, 12:01 AM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Welcome aboard AOA, coolyoyo! You might try taking everything off of the mainboard except 1 stick of RAM, the Video card, and the CPU. If it POST's properly, more than half of the battle is behind you.
Old 8th April, 2002, 01:31 AM

I did and that didn't help. Well, yesterday, I changed the speed of the RAM in BIOS from auto detect to 100MHz. Now I can boot. Also works fine set at 133. However, if it's set to 166, it won't POST/boot. But PC3000 ram shouldn't have trouble at 166?
Old 8th April, 2002, 11:14 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Glad that you got the booger to boot! It's possible that something other than the RAM is holding you back. Have you run the CPU that's on this mainboard at 166 Mhz FSB before? Is the Core Voltage adjustable on the Soltek?
Old 9th April, 2002, 06:42 AM

The Soltek has an adjustment for the memory. This is what I adjusted at 166. The FSB remained at 100. It also has a vcore adjustment for the CPU and a vdimm for the RAM. Once I do some benchmarking I'm thinkn of changing these and benchmarking them again.
Old 9th April, 2002, 03:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by cloasters
Glad that you got the booger to boot! It's possible that something other than the RAM is holding you back. Have you run the CPU that's on this mainboard at 166 Mhz FSB before? Is the Core Voltage adjustable on the Soltek?
Like Cloasters said, if the RAM timings are set to maximum but it's rated for less at PC3000 speeds, then this could happen...

How do you know the memory is running at 166 and bus at 100mhz? I thought the Epox was one of the only boards capable of doing that (running a 1/5 or 1/6 divider?)...

Last edited by Pinky; 9th April, 2002 at 03:20 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!