AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > CRASHED!

CRASHED! A topic for SEVERE and immediate Hardware and Operating System FAILURES. We will try to get you up again. NOT for Optimization questions!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 4th February, 2008, 05:23 AM

Cool HOW do you manually change IRQ settings in Windows 98SE?

This is a supplemental to my previousely posted IRQ DEVICE FAILURE Post.

Can it be done in BIOS or uninstalling and then re-installing?

zippy
Old 4th February, 2008, 11:20 AM

Send a message via MSN to Samuknow

Most bioses allow for manual config. You configure each PCI slot to have a predetermined IRQ. Never had to mees with it though. Always left it at auto.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 8th February, 2008, 12:18 AM

Cool

OK Just for laughs I decided to DELETE IRQ 10, MPU-401 Compatible, SEE IRQ DEVICE FAILURE POST, for my IRQ SETTINGS, and upon restarting Windows 98SE, it detected NEW HARDWARE and asked for the Windows 98 CD to re-install the SAME FILE I DELETED and placed it automatically back in IRQ 10! So I guess thats a necessary file to have.
Oh by the way I have NO MIDI at this time and cannot figure out why.
I've tried to disable MPU-401 and enable my ONBOARD MIDI, Realtek AC'97, Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth, and that don't work. I can play wavs, mp3's and other sound files through REALTEK but NO MIDI.

I'm LOST NOW... zippy