AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > CRASHED!

CRASHED! A topic for SEVERE and immediate Hardware and Operating System FAILURES. We will try to get you up again. NOT for Optimization questions!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12th April, 2002, 11:13 PM
eobard

Angry anyone know what the hell I did wrong and how the **** I can fix it?

I am so angry. When I did my install I put in the drivers that came with my card, Abit Siluro MX400. I thought I'd get better performance out of the Detonators I downloaded from here so I:

1) De-installed what was already in the setup.
2) Rebooted and configured for vanilla VGA
3) "Destroyed" the leftovers.
4) Rebooted into vanilla VGA and then installed the Detonators.

My Mad Onion went from 2510 to 755.

So I reversed the procedure and went back to the originals. My Mad Onion is now 715. X1,000!

Anyone know what I should do now to fix it?
Old 13th April, 2002, 12:22 AM
eobard

2331 Mad Onions, sometimes it's better to be lucky than good! I'm not 100% on how I solved it but I've a theory. Anyone want to offer up a suggestion explaining the situation so that I can better understand it and hopefully become lucky and good I still want to hear from you.

Thanks.
Old 13th April, 2002, 01:47 AM
eobard

My theory was crap. It was the anti-aliasing setting. When I set it to forced X4 I get 700-750 Onions, when set to auto I get 2,300-2,500 Onions. Dumbassedly I set it to X4 not even thinking that it would impact performance. Allow me to introduce myself, I'm Mr. Inattentive Moron . Some day I hope to have a brain.

You'd think I'd have realized a blatant mistake like that wouldn't you? You'd be wrong but you'd think that.
Old 13th April, 2002, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by eobard
My theory was crap. It was the anti-aliasing setting. When I set it to forced X4 I get 700-750 Onions, when set to auto I get 2,300-2,500 Onions. Dumbassedly I set it to X4 not even thinking that it would impact performance. Allow me to introduce myself, I'm Mr. Inattentive Moron . Some day I hope to have a brain.

You'd think I'd have realized a blatant mistake like that wouldn't you? You'd be wrong but you'd think that.
I was going to post FSAA..but you had allready realised.

Oh well.. at least you managed to find out what was up.

Best of luck in the future all my friends.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 13th April, 2002, 03:32 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Super Send a message via AIM to Super

Quote:
Originally posted by eobard

Hey, you're not alone. On this one site I kept wondering how people were getting better benchmarks than me using similar systems. Then I decided to switch to 640x480 res while benchmarking, and my scores went up!!!
!!!!Leafs are still #1!!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 13th April, 2002, 11:38 AM

Send a message via AIM to The Spyder Send a message via MSN to The Spyder

Also sometimes the driver disks dont not have the latest- so be sure to check for driver updates-
Spyder
1993 Mazda Rx7 R1 345whp. 2008 Mazda 3 Hatch
AOA Team fah
Old 13th April, 2002, 02:59 PM
eobard

Yeah I'm using the newer Dets from the AOA download site now, my Onions went from 2,300+ to 2,500+ (stock).