AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > CRASHED!

CRASHED! A topic for SEVERE and immediate Hardware and Operating System FAILURES. We will try to get you up again. NOT for Optimization questions!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12th April, 2011, 04:27 PM
Benchmarker

Send a message via Yahoo to chrisbard

Red face Stop spinning me around!

Superjumbo clips and spins jet at airport - Travel - News - msnbc.com
I've heard that linux community came up with better implemented security in it's latest Linux Mint Gold version, it's actually preventing the user to log in, thus posing 0 risk in contamining the computer with malware! Well done to the open source community!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12th April, 2011, 05:45 PM

Exclamation

Wow, that spun around like it weighed nothing at all & the Jumbo jet was HUGE in comparison to the smaller jet.
If I was on the smaller jet I think I would have had a small heart attack!

EVGA GTX 470 SC 37% OC (855/1710/2004) 160.5Gbs
3DMark Vantage: P24352
3DMark 11: P5119

Last edited by MUff1N; 12th April, 2011 at 05:45 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 13th April, 2011, 10:52 AM
Benchmarker

I hope they had the seatbelt on. Imagine the passengers towards the front or the pilots, they traveled the most distance, LOL!!! It looked as if the small plane was just a toy!
I've heard that linux community came up with better implemented security in it's latest Linux Mint Gold version, it's actually preventing the user to log in, thus posing 0 risk in contamining the computer with malware! Well done to the open source community!

Old 13th April, 2011, 10:13 PM

Arrow

I was curious enough to see just how big the A380 was & the size of the engines...
Wow...BIG!
The Rolls Royce engines are HUGE!
Pics below...
Attached Thumbnails
Stop spinning me around!-a380-airbus-layout.jpg   Stop spinning me around!-rolls-royce-trent-900-in-a380.jpg  

EVGA GTX 470 SC 37% OC (855/1710/2004) 160.5Gbs
3DMark Vantage: P24352
3DMark 11: P5119
Old 19th April, 2011, 09:46 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Yarr, they're bloated devils. The latest 747 retains the worm like bulge near the front of it. Wonder if it will require runway and taxi-way reinforcement like the A380 allegedly does?
Old 30th May, 2011, 09:37 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Gigantic, or simply colossal? Let's hope one doesn't crash, what a mess it would be!
Old 31st May, 2011, 12:01 PM
Benchmarker

Thats what I was thinking G. Did they built planes like this to reduce the costs and increase the profit? That is fine with me till one of em goes down. I know that under normal circumstances that won't be happening for decades unless human error but having one accident in which the loss is about 530 human lives sounds unbelievable.

Last edited by chrisbard; 31st May, 2011 at 12:02 PM.
Old 31st May, 2011, 09:43 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

At least Air France pilots no longer consume wine as part of their dinner. They used to, in the bad/good old days. In the video produced by that cell phone the A 380 doesn't look as massive as it would in daylight. I hope the AF captain doesn't say "zat little plane is at fault, its pilot is a stupid, stupid leetle man!"
Old 1st June, 2011, 02:34 AM
AOA Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbard View Post
Thats what I was thinking G. Did they built planes like this to reduce the costs and increase the profit? That is fine with me till one of em goes down. I know that under normal circumstances that won't be happening for decades unless human error but having one accident in which the loss is about 530 human lives sounds unbelievable.
They can seat over 800 passengers depending on the seating used.

Worst crash, so far, 583 fatalities:
Tenerife airport disaster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So, if 2 A380s collide then the death toll could be well over 1000.
Old 10th June, 2011, 06:11 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

I read that Chinese domestic airliners really pack 'em in. Most comfy for an Occidental.
Old 2nd September, 2011, 08:33 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUff1N View Post
I was curious enough to see just how big the A380 was & the size of the engines...
Wow...BIG!
The Rolls Royce engines are HUGE!
Pics below...
That's a high bypass turbofan to remember!
Old 15th January, 2012, 01:51 AM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Wonder what happened to the Air France captain, wonder if he still has a job?
Old 15th January, 2012, 04:52 AM
Benchmarker

Dark Clouds Hang Over Majestic A380 | The Jakarta Globe

Old 17th January, 2012, 10:24 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

"Airbus needs to sell 450 of them to recoup the expense incurred designing and building this aircraft." Hoo boy, that ain't gonna happen. Hopefully the recent difficulties are really just "teething troubles."
I'm beginning to wonder if the new parts made of "plastic" for both this and Boeing's 787 are too much trouble. The A-380 was two years late and the 787 is at least three years behind schedule.
Old 18th January, 2012, 04:40 PM
Benchmarker

Bring back the Concorde! Stick some duracell batteries in it and get rid of the massive fuel consumption. Wonder if any other passenger aircraft will come close to it in the next 100 years.

Old 23rd January, 2012, 11:32 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

It always lost money, it flew because of French and British national pride. The crash near Paris was the final straw, both countries were glad to be free of the expense. One of them is parked next to the Museum of Flight in Seattle. Talk about tiny passenger windows!
Old 23rd January, 2012, 11:51 PM
Benchmarker

One of these birds are less than 30 min from where I live, I will go one weekend to see it in reality. But what I can say is that no matter what people think this bird is an achievement! And rather then spend money for weapons for once this was a dream come true in terms of creativity, speed and beauty.

Old 24th February, 2012, 11:55 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

But spending for weapons benefits very few. The right very few, and so it goes.
Old 7th March, 2012, 09:59 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

The Concorde was inspiring in its day. Going supersonic requires too much fuel, there seems to be no way around that. Some idjet bush pilot type violated the no-fly zone bubble that surrounds the President not too long ago here in Seattle. Two F-15's responded from Oregon, causing sonic booms. Holy crap, they are loud! Forgot about that over the years.
Old 12th March, 2012, 10:34 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Did the Concorde builders and owners ever sit down and wonder if the sonic booms that the aircraft had to make would be acceptable to folks under their flight paths all over the world? Makes me wonder.