AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > CRASHED!

CRASHED! A topic for SEVERE and immediate Hardware and Operating System FAILURES. We will try to get you up again. NOT for Optimization questions!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 28th September, 2012, 04:58 PM
Benchmarker

Send a message via Yahoo to chrisbard

Angry Leak

I haven't used my XBOX for a while and I found that Duracell batteries have leaked inside the two wireless controllers. Any chance of making it work again or I can throw em away?

Cheers
I've heard that linux community came up with better implemented security in it's latest Linux Mint Gold version, it's actually preventing the user to log in, thus posing 0 risk in contamining the computer with malware! Well done to the open source community!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 28th September, 2012, 06:15 PM
AOA Staff

Linux gaming.
Old 28th September, 2012, 06:23 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbard View Post
I haven't used my XBOX for a while and I found that Duracell batteries have leaked inside the two wireless controllers. Any chance of making it work again or I can throw em away?

Cheers
Usually you can just clean then gunk out and you'll be fine.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 28th September, 2012, 06:59 PM
Benchmarker

I can't see anything leaked on the board, as far as I can tell there was just a bit inside the batery plastic holder. I used a knife to clean the metal on one side (same side affected in both) and no go. The light doesn't come on. Hmmm will try and clean them some more although there are clear contact points and new batteries (tested) inserted. Cheers for the answers.
I've heard that linux community came up with better implemented security in it's latest Linux Mint Gold version, it's actually preventing the user to log in, thus posing 0 risk in contamining the computer with malware! Well done to the open source community!

Old 28th September, 2012, 07:11 PM
Benchmarker

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
Usually you can just clean then gunk out and you'll be fine.
Dude I can't clean them properly as its one plastic piece with the metal connectors at the bottom. Looking at it I realised that the bottom two connectors are just connecting one battery to the other so instead of this plastic battery containers I inserted the batteries and made a conection between + and - where the gunk metal stand and the controllers are both fine. Wohoooo

Last edited by chrisbard; 28th September, 2012 at 07:12 PM.
Old 28th September, 2012, 07:29 PM
Benchmarker

Thumbs up

I used some coins and voila!
Attached Thumbnails
Leak-dscf1109.jpg   Leak-dscf1111.jpg  

Old 28th September, 2012, 08:00 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbard View Post
I used some coins and voila!
Tin foil works just as well, and is cheaper.
Old 28th September, 2012, 08:16 PM
Benchmarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
Tin foil works just as well, and is cheaper.
Sorry Giz, I run out of tinfoil as I made hats for me Daniel and Booman, we are the Latest Saints of the Linux Church of the Mighty Try&Fail Experiment that will eventually lead us all back into the light that we can all see if we look out our windows

Psst, don't tell him I said that

Old 28th September, 2012, 08:23 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

LOL

Somehow I just KNEW tinfoil hats would end up in this conversation.....
Old 28th September, 2012, 08:25 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

"HE" already knows! ":O}
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Old 28th September, 2012, 08:47 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Irish Mental Health Hotline - YouTube

Last edited by Gizmo; 28th September, 2012 at 08:49 PM.
Old 28th September, 2012, 09:04 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

OBGYN Answering service
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Old 29th September, 2012, 01:17 PM
Benchmarker

Now now boys, let's be serious for just a moment, thank you!

Old 19th October, 2012, 05:52 AM

Soo.. what is this about Chris having leaking problems? Oh wait... controller.. right. Moving along

AOA Team fah
Folding 24/7/365 under low-power conditions.
There's no excuse to not fold, so get to it!
Old 19th October, 2012, 12:01 PM
Benchmarker

No more leaking in that department Chorizo!

Old 19th October, 2012, 09:42 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

I know nothing, nothing!
Old 19th October, 2012, 11:19 PM
Benchmarker

Spill the beans now George, what, exactly, do you know, nao!