AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > CRASHED!

CRASHED! A topic for SEVERE and immediate Hardware and Operating System FAILURES. We will try to get you up again. NOT for Optimization questions!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 26th May, 2002, 08:55 PM

Send a message via AIM to Cyberey66

HP scanner doesn't work

I have a 3300C HP scanner and it will start to scan but stop after about one inch of movement. It is supported under XP and I have dled the driver update as well. My brother had the same problems with this scanner, but he said it did work once.

Any suggestions? It installed fine and windows can start the scanning but as soon as it starts to scan I get this error and that's about it.
Attached Thumbnails
HP scanner doesn't work-image1.jpg  

"skin and tragedy are the ways to attract a crowd"
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 26th May, 2002, 10:05 PM
Banned

I had a similar issue with my scanner I eventually just gave up (and gave away). Works fine for my friend in windows 98se, but no go in XP... same exact type of issue, would go a few inches, then stop and return (sounded like hardware to me, but it works fine under a different OS). Very strange.
Old 26th May, 2002, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pinky
I had a similar issue with my scanner I eventually just gave up (and gave away). Works fine for my friend in windows 98se, but no go in XP... same exact type of issue, would go a few inches, then stop and return (sounded like hardware to me, but it works fine under a different OS). Very strange.
So i'm guessing this scanner is useless. Maybe I can get it to work under Redhat.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 26th May, 2002, 10:18 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to majestic

if possible try testing it in win 98se to see if it is hardware if it is throw it if not sell it

Majestic

:.majestic.:
Old 26th May, 2002, 11:46 PM
AOA Staff
Tetris Champion

If it's USB, what is your FSB? I use a HP 5300, about 145FSB and up, it behaves like yours. I'm also running XP.
Old 26th May, 2002, 11:49 PM

i'm not OCed now. My usb works fine, i use several USB devices, and the scanner does work. I think the problem is all software. I hope I find a fix. I was going to try linux but for some reason my linux install is messed up alittle so I'll have to try later.

Old 27th May, 2002, 08:06 AM
.:N2:.

XP = teh sux.
Old 27th May, 2002, 08:34 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

You'd think that H-P would be working on a driver for this scanner in XP. Maybe the addition of the "Q" to their name has 'em all confused?
Old 27th May, 2002, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cloasters
You'd think that H-P would be working on a driver for this scanner in XP. Maybe the addition of the "Q" to their name has 'em all confused?
They have a driver for XP released, it just doesn't work at all.

Old 27th May, 2002, 09:09 PM
.:N2:.

the problem isn't really drivers...

it's the fact that anything "Legacy"...

meaning printers, scanners, pretty much anything serial port or LPT port, just ain't gonna work.

Legacy support is officially dead.

you guys shoulda seen that with WinME's phase-out of ISA support.

XP is FAR FAR worse in that area.

as from knowing a MGR of a CircuitCity store, he tells me the XP based computers are killing business and almost EVERY one sold gets returned..
because nothing ppl have at home already are compatible, and none of the "money making add-on saleable items" such as printers/scanners they sell will work.

very little profit is made off a "comp package" it's the add-ons like cables and such where retailers make killer profits.

now being that this scanner is USB...
and there is a driver "fix"
are you absolutely certain it works *now* on Win9X??

Last edited by .:N2:.; 27th May, 2002 at 09:11 PM.