AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > CRASHED!

CRASHED! A topic for SEVERE and immediate Hardware and Operating System FAILURES. We will try to get you up again. NOT for Optimization questions!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 20th July, 2002, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mookydooky
One thing. In MBM, you don't really need to display the 3.3V line. You do want to display the 5.0V line and the 2.5V line. The 2.5V line is your VDimm.
What is the setting for the 2.5? Here are my selections:
Attached Thumbnails
Uncle Bob Cries Uncle-untitled.jpg  
ASROCK: 1 * BIOSTAR: 1 * ASUS: 5 * CHAINTECH: 7 * GIGABYTE: 2 *IWILL: 1 * MSI: 3* TYAN: 2
175+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Climate Prediction Team as The Uncle B's!!
and more coming all the time!

I'm the Uncle your Aunt won't talk about. Go ahead and pull my finger!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 20th July, 2002, 05:04 AM
AOA Staff

Send a message via MSN to mookydooky

1. Push the FSB one Mhz at a time and run a CPU stressing program like CPUBurn or Sandra Multimedia burn-in.

2. You don't really need to time your drives down until you start reaching around 175Mhz for your FSB, most like, even higher.

3. Set your memory to Turbo and CAS 2. On the 8KHA+, Turbo automatically sets it at CAS 2.

4. On die is more accurate than in socket. The on die tends to read about 10C higher than a socket which would be about 18F. It seems that you're running at about 147F which is about 63C. It a little on the warm side, but nothing to be concerned with yet. What do you use to cool your CPU?

AOA Team fah

我喜欢大屁股, 我不能骗你..... 他们弟兄不能否认......
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 20th July, 2002, 05:06 AM
AOA Staff

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Bob

What is the setting for the 2.5? Here are my selections:
Put all the modules out there and see which one is closest to 2.5V. That should be your VDimm.

AOA Team fah

Old 20th July, 2002, 05:35 AM
AOA Staff

Here's what mine looks like:
Attached Images

AOA Team fah

Old 20th July, 2002, 05:40 AM
AOA Staff

The above pic is obviously not that of an AXP. I swapped CPU's with another machine and didn't change the label.

AOA Team fah

Old 20th July, 2002, 05:50 AM

Quote:
The above pic is obviously not that of an AXP. I swapped CPU's with another machine and didn't change the label.
Got it. I'm running into real frequent BSOD's. I had to go back to Optimized defaults.
I tried 66 ATA, Fastest at 2.5 CAS and it seemed to make no difference. I could boot but run very few programs. I don't need to use CPU Burn, I've got Seti@Home loading at startup. Perhaps I'll trim down my startup to a barebones and see, huh?

I use a Thermalright AX-7 with a Panaflo 80mm fan. I may have to try the Delta screamer if I can't get the temp down a little.
ASROCK: 1 * BIOSTAR: 1 * ASUS: 5 * CHAINTECH: 7 * GIGABYTE: 2 *IWILL: 1 * MSI: 3* TYAN: 2
175+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Climate Prediction Team as The Uncle B's!!

Old 20th July, 2002, 11:54 AM
AOA Staff

The Thermalright with a Panaflo should be fine. Anyway, give the CPU a little more juice. That should solve the stability problems.

AOA Team fah

Old 20th July, 2002, 03:12 PM
AOA Staff
Tetris Champion

I just reformatted, and am now using the latest MBM5191.. I haven't been able to figure out the 3.3v or 2.5v lines yet, so don't sweat too much. If you figure it out, lemme know.

BSOD in winXP is odd. Sounds like memory errors. You may want to clock it back down to stock.. just to make sure win install is ok.. It would suck if files were corrupt or missing giving you errors, while you mess with memory timings.. (which is probably the cause, but would be a waste of time if it weren't)

BTW: Uncle Bob, I always imagined you were much older... until I saw your pic at AOA campgrounds.
Old 20th July, 2002, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SteveI
I just reformatted, and am now using the latest MBM5191.. I haven't been able to figure out the 3.3v or 2.5v lines yet, so don't sweat too much. If you figure it out, lemme know.

BSOD in winXP is odd. Sounds like memory errors. You may want to clock it back down to stock.. just to make sure win install is ok.. It would suck if files were corrupt or missing giving you errors, while you mess with memory timings.. (which is probably the cause, but would be a waste of time if it weren't)

BTW: Uncle Bob, I always imagined you were much older... until I saw your pic at AOA campgrounds.
I beleive my XP install is ok, but who knows? I see from the BSOD messages that it seems to be hardware related, but I'm not totally convinced. I set it back to Optimum defaults and ran all night fine.

I am glad you think I'm young, I guess...I'm 49 and feel pretty old sometimes! Only Daniel was older than me that night! LOL
It was a fun gathering, wish I could have made more.
I will get back here later today guys, and try this again. I'll be out of the house for a spell this morning.
Thanks for all your help!

Old 20th July, 2002, 09:23 PM

OK, here we are now. I had to go to 1.9 volts, boy is this hot!
I'm gonna let it run for awhile and come back later.
Attached Thumbnails
Uncle Bob Cries Uncle-wcpuid-166-fsb-png.png  

Old 20th July, 2002, 11:00 PM
AOA Staff

How are things UB? It looks like you're on your way. If you're at 1.9V, then why don't you try upping the FSB a little. Also, what kind of readings are you getting for the VCore on MBM?

AOA Team fah

Old 21st July, 2002, 03:20 AM

Quote:
How are things UB? It looks like you're on your way. If you're at 1.9V, then why don't you try upping the FSB a little. Also, what kind of readings are you getting for the VCore on MBM?
I can't seem to find them, I've looked at all them yet. Just got home, it stayed running for over 6 hours at 100%!
Attached Thumbnails
Uncle Bob Cries Uncle-wcpuid-fsb-166.png  

Old 21st July, 2002, 03:30 AM
AOA Staff
Tetris Champion

Dude... I think that's too hot!!
Old 21st July, 2002, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SteveI
Dude... I think that's too hot!!
It is quite warm, isn't it? I know the actual temp is about 20 F lower but 139 is still pretty hot. The ambient is over 80 as well.
I am experiencing no problems, however.