AOA Forums

AOA Forums (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/)
-   CRASHED! (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/6-crashed/)
-   -   Win 2000 Boot problem (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/crashed/19582-win-2000-boot-problem.html)

Statik 21st July, 2003 11:22 PM

Win 2000 Boot problem
 
This is a new hd for this machine, the old one died, i formatted it and installed windows 2000 fine, now i get this error. shown in picture: Edit, picture wont upload..... screen says. "INACCESSABLE_BOOT_DEVICE"

cloasters 24th July, 2003 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Statik
This is a new hd for this machine, the old one died, i formatted it and installed windows 2000 fine, now i get this error. shown in picture: Edit, picture wont upload..... screen says. "INACCESSABLE_BOOT_DEVICE"

Welcome to AOA Forums, Statik!

How about the jumpers on the new HDD? I find that new HDD's need to be fdisked before formatting them on occasion.

Mr.Yubbo 24th July, 2003 11:49 PM

Statik, can you give us the specs of your machine please?
That error normally happens on motherboards that haven't had the SATA drivers installed during the Win2k/XP setup. Its a very common error though, especially with todays large hardisks.

Southern Man 25th July, 2003 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Yubbo
Statik, can you give us the specs of your machine please?
That error normally happens on motherboards that haven't had the SATA drivers installed during the Win2k/XP setup. Its a very common error though, especially with todays large hardisks.

Forgive me for the simplicity of this but....

How is the bios set up as far as boot order?

Yubbo sounds like he may have a good idea as well. :thumbsup:

Cloasters is on a good line as well.

Keep us posted on your progress.....

surlyjoe 25th July, 2003 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southern Man
Forgive me for the simplicity of this but....

How is the bios set up as far as boot order?

Yubbo sounds like he may have a good idea as well. :thumbsup:

Cloasters is on a good line as well.

Keep us posted on your progress.....

try running BOOTFIX from the debug console

woodieinthearmy 11th August, 2003 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Yubbo
Statik, can you give us the specs of your machine please?
That error normally happens on motherboards that haven't had the SATA drivers installed during the Win2k/XP setup. Its a very common error though, especially with todays large hardisks.

Remove the SATA in BIOS if your not using it, although that shouldn't cause a problem, seeing as it will look to the 1st boot device (for HD's it will look first At the SATA then PATA) then 2nd and so on, and inorder to load windows he would of had to load the drivers first for the SATA.
Also check the conections for the cable and power, and check the Jumpers and the Bios


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:06 PM.


Copyright ©2001 - 2010, AOA Forums


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0