AOA Forums

AOA Forums (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/)
-   CRASHED! (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/6-crashed/)
-   -   0 Rpm (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/crashed/30145-0-rpm.html)

hlhbob 23rd March, 2005 02:40 PM

0 Rpm

Hi...
Sorry my english...I'm brazilian... :crazy:
I have some troubles with my NCCH-DL...
After one of CPU fans lock-out...the fan speed on BIOS,display 0 RPM... :rolling:
Was my MB dead?...
My pc woks fine but I want know if it is normal?...
thnx... :thumbsup:

danrok 23rd March, 2005 02:42 PM

Does the CPU fan spin?

Con 23rd March, 2005 02:50 PM

is the sensor wire OK? I'd assume the fan is spinning if his PC is working fine

hoinar 23rd March, 2005 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hlhbob
Hi...
Sorry my english...I'm brazilian... :crazy:
I have some troubles with my NCCH-DL...
After one of CPU fans lock-out...the fan speed on BIOS,display 0 RPM... :rolling:
Was my MB dead?...
My pc woks fine but I want know if it is normal?...
thnx... :thumbsup:

Do you live near the South Pole?...cause in this case you wouldn't need that fan anyway :rolling:

robbie 23rd March, 2005 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoinar
Do you live near the South Pole?...cause in this case you wouldn't need that fan anyway :rolling:

Well don't they spin backwards over there anyway?!?! Oh wait that's only the toilets!!!! :rolling: :rolling:

dolanenwindrift 23rd March, 2005 03:58 PM

LOL actuall y the toilets spin backwards inthe northern hemisphere - counter-clockwise. At least if I remember my Tom Swift correctly :P

GrahamGarside 23rd March, 2005 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dolanenwindrift
LOL actuall y the toilets spin backwards inthe northern hemisphere - counter-clockwise. At least if I remember my Tom Swift correctly :P

But don't you know that the way everything works for us is the right way, and then when it's differant somewhere else then it's they who have it wrong :)

dolanenwindrift 23rd March, 2005 07:31 PM

Graham - sounds like the half empty/half full glass of water thing. I try - not that I always succeed - to see just a half glass of water :)

hlhbob 24th March, 2005 02:36 AM

Yes...both fans spin :rolling:
but the cpu 2 fan speed always is 0 :o
swap the wires nothing change...
May the speed sensor on MB is damaged? :confused:
:thumbsup:

hlhbob 24th March, 2005 02:42 AM

Quote:

Actually I live in japan...
And Summer come soon... :(

GrahamGarside 24th March, 2005 03:17 AM

If the fans spinning but theres no reported rpm then it's more likely that the fans rpm circuitry or wire is at fault
swap the 2 fans plugs round and if the same sensor displays no rpm reading instead of changing with the plug, then it would be the motherboard sensor or the connector on the motherboard at fault, but if the other sensor reports 0rpm then it's definately the fan, which isn't a problem as long as it spins.

hoinar 24th March, 2005 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hlhbob
Actually I live in japan...
And Summer come soon... :(

I can't wait to have some warm wether around here...I had enough snow and low temperatures.
It's ok if the fan works but the sensor is damaged...think of what would be if the sensor would be ok (0 rpm) :drink:

hlhbob 24th March, 2005 10:20 AM

Quote:

I can't wait to have some warm wether around here...I had enough snow and low temperatures.
It's ok if the fan works but the sensor is damaged...think of what would be if the sensor would be ok (0 rpm) :drink:

robbie 25th March, 2005 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrahamGarside
If the fans spinning but theres no reported rpm then it's more likely that the fans rpm circuitry or wire is at fault
swap the 2 fans plugs round and if the same sensor displays no rpm reading instead of changing with the plug, then it would be the motherboard sensor or the connector on the motherboard at fault, but if the other sensor reports 0rpm then it's definately the fan, which isn't a problem as long as it spins.

Errrrr.... I wouldn't do that. If your mother board is "equipt" it won't turn on without a CPU fan. Maybe just try another fan.

hlhbob 25th March, 2005 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robbie
Errrrr.... I wouldn't do that. If your mother board is "equipt" it won't turn on without a CPU fan. Maybe just try another fan.

My mb turn on without fan...

memoryman 29th March, 2005 10:16 PM

I have a DFI NF4 and the CPU fan wasn't turning one day. Looked in the BIOS and the fan was set to turn on when the CPU got to 25C. The actual temp was 24C with no load. As soon as I gave it a load, the fan kicked on.