AOA Forums

AOA Forums (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/)
-   CRASHED! (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/6-crashed/)
-   -   bf2 crashes (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/crashed/35266-bf2-crashes.html)

bonesaw 23rd February, 2006 07:06 AM

well almost

bonesaw 27th February, 2006 08:01 PM

can any one give me a hand with how to cool off a computer without spending alot of money thanks

Favu 27th February, 2006 08:25 PM

You can drill holes in the case, that could be done easily, and very cheaply, too :)

bonesaw 27th February, 2006 08:58 PM

and put more fans in the holes? or can i get rid of some wires by like roping them together to pull them back out of the way of airflow

Favu 27th February, 2006 09:15 PM

You can do both :) Make sure that the air flow makes sense though - don't have fans pulling in opposite directions. Use cable ties to sort out your cable's inside :)

bonesaw 27th February, 2006 09:19 PM

ok cool i'll get around to trying some of this stuff soon thanks i would love to hear any more suggestions you might have

Favu 27th February, 2006 09:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
At great personal expense (yeah right) I have taken a picture of my set up :) You can see I have a front 120mm fan pulling air in over my HDD to keep that cool, and a rear 120mm set to turn slowly to draw heat away from my CPU. I also have another 80mm fan on the side panel pulling air in directly at the 80mm fan on the CPU. The air from this is then vented through the PSU. (well that's the theory) So my airflow is vaguely balanced.

You can see that I have attempted to cable tie my cables together and get them out of the way of the fans. Or, if they have to run in the way I have grouped them together to take up less room.

An idea that I had was to replace the 60mm fan that came with my retail heatsink with a 80mm one that not only lights up blue (yay) but also moves more air. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

bonesaw 27th February, 2006 09:37 PM

hey thanks alot

Favu 27th February, 2006 09:41 PM

No worries :) happy to help.

Sorry for the crappy picture though - my batteries died before I could take a better one :(

bonesaw 27th February, 2006 09:42 PM

how do you or should you change the speed or is it just a plug and play kind of thing?

bonesaw 27th February, 2006 09:44 PM

i think i might copy your whole setup because looking at my mobo i have only 3 small fans that dont look like they do look that much and most of the heat feels like is in the back and i got a the perfect room for a rear 120mm fan and in front too.

Favu 27th February, 2006 09:47 PM

My case came with built in rheostats (fan controllers, whatever you like to call them) for the 120mm fans. I let the two 80mm fans run at full tilt becasue I am too lazy to attach them to another one.

If you want something that looks funky, try these.

You can, of course find other brands and models at other places for less and more money :)

bonesaw 28th February, 2006 01:20 AM

what about actual fans i want that 2x120mm setup you have and i think they are cheap

bonesaw 7th March, 2006 03:56 AM

how much ram should i have to set the agp apature to 512mb becasue right now it is set to 256mb? because i was thinkin about buyin another 1gb stick

dolanenwindrift 9th March, 2006 06:40 AM

AGP apeture has to do with the video card not system RAM - and someone leap in and correct me if I am wrong here - should be set to 128 or 256. It has no effect on stability in my experience. If someone hasn't mentioned it already, check your virtual memory settings. Some resource intensive games do better when the virtual memory is set to 'system managed size'. Near as I can figure it, if you set a specific amount of virtual memory and you run out do to memory leaks (I am assuming bad programming here) the game will crash.

bonesaw 9th March, 2006 08:09 AM

ok thanks i'll check it out

Skiracing108 31st March, 2006 02:24 AM

having 2 gigs of ram compared to 1 made a big difference even with my beefcake vid card-ive noticed faster loading times usually first 1-5 in and when flying or moving fast its much smoother, not nearly as choppy as with 1 gig-probably because of the size of the maps

bonesaw 31st March, 2006 10:17 AM

hey i just got 2 gigs and not really sure if i should change much in the bios you got any suggestions? thanks

bonesaw 3rd June, 2006 09:42 PM

glad to not have seen this in a long time but i got some more crashes that i cant tell whats wrong. i have lately seen some "system has recovered from a serious error" messages that have been giving me a scare, along with about 3-4 full system crashes that have all happened with A. playing hf2 bf2 and B. watch a movie. any suggestions with help

midnightcowbo1 21st September, 2006 08:02 PM

bf2 and expansion packs support geforce fx 6800 and up, anything lower crashes on 20 and up 50 player maps.