AOA Forums

AOA Forums (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/)
-   CRASHED! (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/6-crashed/)
-   -   bf2 crashes (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/crashed/35266-bf2-crashes.html)

bonesaw 30th January, 2006 09:09 AM

bf2 crashes

i got a barebone kit with a nvidia 6600 gt and 1gb of corsair ram. when playing the game it randomly crashes most of the time just the game but sometimes the whole cpu. The thing is i'll go a whole 8 hours without a crash like yesterday and then today it crashed like 5 times until i was so pissed off i couldn't play anymore. i dont have a clue how to fix this. is it overheating, bad video card?

dsio 30th January, 2006 09:31 AM

1: what is your system specs
2: what is your video card driver
3: does your system crash in anything else?
4: what are your temps like?
5: what version of BF2 is it?

Staz 30th January, 2006 06:19 PM

Download motherboard monitor, then run a stress test like super pi and check out what your temps and voltages are like. These test do not stress the video card, so if it is still crashing you can rule that out.

Are you useing the PSU that came with the bare bones kit?

Rhodesy@uk 30th January, 2006 08:56 PM

sounds like it needs patching as it used to crash on me before we got updated patch. plus the newer nvidia drivers have some fixes in for bf2 i think

bonesaw 30th January, 2006 09:15 PM

i got the newest drivers, version of bf2 and my temp are alway about 40 c when it crashes. thats what leads to to think that something in the bios is set up stupid or some kind of safety thing. and it doesnt crash while doing anything else like: half life 2 or fear

aghastpumpkin 30th January, 2006 09:19 PM

Make sure you close down ALL programs before running BF2. I get crashes even when I just leave Firefox open, it is an extreme memory hog.

Doodar 31st January, 2006 08:52 AM

When it crashes are you playing on larger servers? Does it not crash on 32 player servers and crash on 50 or 64 player servers?

I've had BF2 crash on larger capacity servers when they were full. Not sure why, just figured it has something to do with the netcode and my older XP2400 machine not being able to keep up with the data flow.

bonesaw 1st February, 2006 08:05 AM

here

dsio 1st February, 2006 08:08 AM

At some point, EA needs to stand up, admit that their coding has been sub-par to say the least, and do something pro-active, in turning BattleField 2 into the game it should have been, and fixing it.

Every time they change something they make the bloody thing worse, and this has to end very quickly...

robbie 1st February, 2006 03:41 PM

Do a Scandisk and Defrag on your drive. That should help.

aghastpumpkin 1st February, 2006 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsio
At some point, EA needs to stand up, admit that their coding has been sub-par to say the least, and do something pro-active, in turning BattleField 2 into the game it should have been, and fixing it.

Every time they change something they make the bloody thing worse, and this has to end very quickly...

Battlefield 2 has to be the most buggy game I've played. Frequently the graphics go very wrong. This isn't my video card, as my video card is fine with other, newer games.
It's just very very buggy.:rolleyes:
When it works, it's amazing though.

bonesaw 1st February, 2006 08:33 PM

it is amazing

Pitch 1st February, 2006 08:48 PM

And People wonder why I hate it. :rolleyes:

bonesaw 7th February, 2006 12:43 AM

i just got a new hard drive and got all of the patchs-updates-drivers and battlefield still crashes. only this time it seems like the crashes are really clean and it only crashes to desktop no the whole cpu. does any one got any thing to help me with this

bonesaw 7th February, 2006 08:09 AM

i put everything possible on low or off and yet it still crashes. i am a few days away from lighting this computer on fire.

Daniel ~ 7th February, 2006 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsio

If the foundations are not right, all than follows can only be flawed. The ship may have already left the docks...

dsio 7th February, 2006 09:49 AM

Well thats just the thing. I DON'T think the foundations are anything to do with a first person shooter. I think they have borrowed the engine from Madden NFL, and mixed it with the environmental rendering engine of Need For Speed: Underground.

Daniel ~ 7th February, 2006 11:59 AM

Everything has a foundation. I know nothing about the situation, other than what you and others have said. if every fix worsens the situation, then one must ask if the basic situation or code is flawed in such a way as to make correction impossible.

bonesaw 9th February, 2006 12:17 AM

now i changed video cards and still get crashes. i almost have nothing left to do that i can think of.

devilmyarse 9th February, 2006 12:26 AM

Just accept that the game crashes. It's a buggy game. Keep everything at low. Try lowering your screen resolution.

Find out if it crashes on 64 player maps but not 32 or 16, if you can find that out then we might know why it's crashing.

BF2 annoys the hell out of me most of the time, but i play it for my friends.