AOA Forums

AOA Forums (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/)
-   CRASHED! (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/6-crashed/)
-   -   Poo Chunks (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/crashed/36549-poo-chunks.html)

aghastpumpkin 15th May, 2006 09:05 AM

Poo Chunks

Hi guys
My PC won't work. It doesn't load up Windows at all and just gets stuck. Previously, it said a file was missing and I need to use the recovery console but I don't know how to use it.
Please help me I really don't want to re-install it all again. Please.
I can't remember what file is supposedly missing and it doesn't bring that up anymore.

aghastpumpkin 15th May, 2006 09:15 AM

Ok it's getting worse. Safe Mode does not work.

Arrrgh I'm\ in a big trouble here I've got 20GB of music PLZ god tell me I won't lose it all!
And I can't type for sh1t on a laptop?! Sorry!

chrisbard 15th May, 2006 09:21 AM

Sure m8 do this

Put XP installation disk inside. Go to install menu as usual. When you are at the part that let's you decide partition to install go until it ask you if you want a new install or you want to delete the previous windows dir. There you must quit with reset or F3. Usually the system is repairing the mbr and the boot files until it reaches the choices part so give it a go ! Good luck !

MONKEYMAN 15th May, 2006 09:28 AM

when it says to hit R for repair, just hit R, log onto the windows install and type FIXBOOT

aghastpumpkin 15th May, 2006 09:30 AM

And this won't delete ny files, right? Cheers guys for the swift response.

[Damsel in distress]My hero!!![/Damsel in distress]

chrisbard 15th May, 2006 09:32 AM

Tell us what happened after :) MM you're late :P

aghastpumpkin 15th May, 2006 09:36 AM

Fixboot hasn't worked so I'm trying Chris's suggestion.
What about a repair installation?

aghastpumpkin 15th May, 2006 09:46 AM

Chris's suggestion, and the repair install, neither work either. Looks like I've lost it. I'm beginning to think this is a problem with my HDD as it simply seems to stop loading things and the activity lgiht switches off.

chrisbard 15th May, 2006 09:53 AM

Maybe some of the nv files are corrupted or missing. What happened before this?

aghastpumpkin 15th May, 2006 10:19 AM

Ok, this is what happened.
First, Windows began crashing. It first happened when loading up Connect Player. It simply froze.
Then it happened every time I booted up - the desktop would show but then it would freeze.
Then it came up with the file missing message.
Then it simply didnt boot at all.
Repair install doesnt work. Recovery console doesnt work. So I think I have lost it. I literally burst into tears. Im so fed up with all of this sh1t. And now I have a 4 hour photography exam.

Fan-bloody-tastic.

chrisbard 15th May, 2006 10:20 AM

I managed once to uninstall my nforce drivers and of course there isn't much to do in this case...unles you have someone with the same board and you go copy an entire folder and then copy back onto the hdd's the missing files :)

aghastpumpkin 15th May, 2006 10:21 AM

Pardon my French but I'm feeling kinda hacked off right now. FFS my new installation has lasted barely 3 weeks.
Are you mad with me or something "God"?

chrisbard 15th May, 2006 10:21 AM

Do you recall the missing file name, it was some nv*.dll?

aghastpumpkin 15th May, 2006 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisbard
I managed once to uninstall my nforce drivers and of course there isn't much to do in this case...unles you have someone with the same board and you go copy an entire folder and then copy back onto the hdd's the missing files :)

I'm pretty sure my nforce drivers were working. Anyway, my PC can work without the motherboard drivers. I definately haven't uninstalled them. I think this is either a virus of a HDD problem.

aghastpumpkin 15th May, 2006 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisbard
Do you recall the missing file name, it was some nv*.dll?

The funny thing is it didn't list an actual file. All I got was:

"Windows\System\System32"
Something like that - you get the picture. After the System32 was nothing. No file, nothing.

chrisbard 15th May, 2006 10:25 AM

OK if you have another partition you can do this.

Install win xp on that partition in 40 minutes
then install the drivers
then copy the content of Windows\System\System32 into the other partition in the same place without overwriting anything.
Is it very possible you will have it back the way it was
At least you documents from my docu will be there

aghastpumpkin 15th May, 2006 10:27 AM

I only have 1 partition. :-(

aghastpumpkin 15th May, 2006 10:59 AM

Big News Ok My Pc Is Working Sort Of. I Tried Booting It Again And It Worked. However There Appears To Be A Problem With My Graphics Card.
The Catalyst Control Panel Failed To Intialise Or Something. I\'m Downloading The Latest Drivers Off Aoa Files. Everybody Pray For Me!!!!!

aghastpumpkin 15th May, 2006 11:19 AM

Ok. My graphics card drivers don\'t work. I\'ve tried re-installing but i get an error message saying "Installation Runtime Error".
Then, when I boot, I get the same failed to intialise message. I think Windows is ok, I\'ve tried other install files which work.
It may be a Graphics Card problem.....

Pitch 15th May, 2006 11:25 AM

Have you used Driver Cleaner recently?