AOA Forums

AOA Forums (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/)
-   CRASHED! (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/6-crashed/)
-   -   Stop spinning me around! (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/crashed/49744-stop-spinning-me-around.html)

chrisbard 12th April, 2011 04:27 PM

Stop spinning me around!

Superjumbo clips and spins jet at airport - Travel - News - msnbc.com

MUff1N 12th April, 2011 05:45 PM

Wow, that spun around like it weighed nothing at all & the Jumbo jet was HUGE in comparison to the smaller jet.
If I was on the smaller jet I think I would have had a small heart attack! :eek:

chrisbard 13th April, 2011 10:52 AM

I hope they had the seatbelt on. Imagine the passengers towards the front or the pilots, they traveled the most distance, LOL!!! It looked as if the small plane was just a toy!

MUff1N 13th April, 2011 10:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I was curious enough to see just how big the A380 was & the size of the engines...
Wow...BIG!
The Rolls Royce engines are HUGE!
Pics below...

cloasters 19th April, 2011 09:46 PM

Yarr, they're bloated devils. The latest 747 retains the worm like bulge near the front of it. Wonder if it will require runway and taxi-way reinforcement like the A380 allegedly does?

cloasters 30th May, 2011 09:37 PM

Gigantic, or simply colossal? Let's hope one doesn't crash, what a mess it would be!

chrisbard 31st May, 2011 12:01 PM

Thats what I was thinking G. Did they built planes like this to reduce the costs and increase the profit? That is fine with me till one of em goes down. I know that under normal circumstances that won't be happening for decades unless human error but having one accident in which the loss is about 530 human lives sounds unbelievable.

cloasters 31st May, 2011 09:43 PM

At least Air France pilots no longer consume wine as part of their dinner. They used to, in the bad/good old days. In the video produced by that cell phone the A 380 doesn't look as massive as it would in daylight. I hope the AF captain doesn't say "zat little plane is at fault, its pilot is a stupid, stupid leetle man!"

danrok 1st June, 2011 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisbard (Post 512078)
Thats what I was thinking G. Did they built planes like this to reduce the costs and increase the profit? That is fine with me till one of em goes down. I know that under normal circumstances that won't be happening for decades unless human error but having one accident in which the loss is about 530 human lives sounds unbelievable.

They can seat over 800 passengers depending on the seating used.

Worst crash, so far, 583 fatalities:
Tenerife airport disaster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So, if 2 A380s collide then the death toll could be well over 1000.

cloasters 10th June, 2011 06:11 PM

I read that Chinese domestic airliners really pack 'em in. Most comfy for an Occidental.

cloasters 2nd September, 2011 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MUff1N (Post 511558)
I was curious enough to see just how big the A380 was & the size of the engines...
Wow...BIG!
The Rolls Royce engines are HUGE!
Pics below...

That's a high bypass turbofan to remember!

cloasters 15th January, 2012 01:51 AM

Wonder what happened to the Air France captain, wonder if he still has a job?

chrisbard 15th January, 2012 04:52 AM

Dark Clouds Hang Over Majestic A380 | The Jakarta Globe

cloasters 17th January, 2012 10:24 PM

"Airbus needs to sell 450 of them to recoup the expense incurred designing and building this aircraft." Hoo boy, that ain't gonna happen. Hopefully the recent difficulties are really just "teething troubles."
I'm beginning to wonder if the new parts made of "plastic" for both this and Boeing's 787 are too much trouble. The A-380 was two years late and the 787 is at least three years behind schedule.

chrisbard 18th January, 2012 04:40 PM

Bring back the Concorde! Stick some duracell batteries in it and get rid of the massive fuel consumption. Wonder if any other passenger aircraft will come close to it in the next 100 years.

cloasters 23rd January, 2012 11:32 PM

It always lost money, it flew because of French and British national pride. The crash near Paris was the final straw, both countries were glad to be free of the expense. One of them is parked next to the Museum of Flight in Seattle. Talk about tiny passenger windows!

chrisbard 23rd January, 2012 11:51 PM

One of these birds are less than 30 min from where I live, I will go one weekend to see it in reality. But what I can say is that no matter what people think this bird is an achievement! And rather then spend money for weapons for once this was a dream come true in terms of creativity, speed and beauty.

cloasters 24th February, 2012 11:55 PM

But spending for weapons benefits very few. The right very few, and so it goes.

cloasters 7th March, 2012 09:59 PM

The Concorde was inspiring in its day. Going supersonic requires too much fuel, there seems to be no way around that. Some idjet bush pilot type violated the no-fly zone bubble that surrounds the President not too long ago here in Seattle. Two F-15's responded from Oregon, causing sonic booms. Holy crap, they are loud! Forgot about that over the years.

cloasters 12th March, 2012 10:34 PM

Did the Concorde builders and owners ever sit down and wonder if the sonic booms that the aircraft had to make would be acceptable to folks under their flight paths all over the world? Makes me wonder.