AOA Forums

AOA Forums (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/)
-   CRASHED! (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/6-crashed/)
-   -   Day of global Occupy protests gets under way (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/crashed/50094-day-global-occupy-protests-gets-under.html)

nicktheboss 15th October, 2011 08:47 PM

Day of global Occupy protests gets under way

Tens of thousands nicknamed "the indignant" marched Saturday in European cities as protests against capitalism and austerity measures went global.

Violence broke out in Rome, where Italian police fired tear gas and water cannons at protesters after some smashed shop and bank windows, torched cars and hurled bottles.

News Source MSN

danrok 17th October, 2011 08:30 PM

"protests against capitalism" and sourced from MSN! LOL

Kaitain 19th October, 2011 05:14 PM

Sorry to read that your economy has crashed. Have you tried turning it off and on again?

cloasters 30th October, 2011 09:00 PM

Easier said then done!

cloasters 1st November, 2011 09:55 PM

Nov 5th is "pull your money out of the big evil ones and put it into a community bank or credit union day." Thinking about it.

cloasters 18th November, 2011 10:28 PM

Nov 5th was also Guy Fawkes day. Remember, remember the fifth of November, the gunpowder treason and plot. I know of no reason why the gunpowder treason should ever be forgot.

robbie 20th November, 2011 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicktheboss (Post 513519)
Tens of thousands nicknamed "the indignant" marched Saturday in European cities as protests against capitalism and austerity measures went global.

Violence broke out in Rome, where Italian police fired tear gas and water cannons at protesters after some smashed shop and bank windows, torched cars and hurled bottles.

News Source MSN

Yes, you have the right to assemble and protest in PEACE, break that and all bets are off.

robbie 20th November, 2011 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloasters (Post 513687)
Nov 5th is "pull your money out of the big evil ones and put it into a community bank or credit union day." Thinking about it.

I did this years ago. I LOVE my credit union. One phone call and it's done. Done, what ever I need, done. I don't have to hit this button or that button or get bounce around on the phone. IT'S DONE! I don't have to wait weeks for an answer it get's done the next day (or two) Done done and done. I am sooo done with big banks. My biggest concern is that my mortgage will be transfered (sold) to one and then I will have to deal with them all over again.

But I wouldn't go so far as to call them evil. They are there to make money, you don't like it... vote with your feet.

cloasters 28th November, 2011 10:44 PM

Yet the masters of the universe at the helm of the too big to exist, er fail "banks" aren't evil? Of course! Wasn't it Mr Blankfein that said "we're doing god's work" to Congress a while back? If he said so it must be true.

cloasters 1st January, 2012 10:01 PM

Too cold for camping on the city square, but the 99% will be back in force when it warms up. Maybe the police will realize that they are 99%ers and will be more reasonable.

cloasters 8th April, 2012 11:19 PM

The 1%ers have told the police that no mercy must be shown to the 99%ers, no matter how peaceful they are. Thanks boss, yer the best!

cloasters 23rd April, 2012 11:00 PM

May Day may get attention.

Daniel ~ 20th May, 2012 11:25 PM

Here's what's coming...

Blood in the streets.

Here's the only question that matters

Whose blood?

"No army can withstand an idea whose time has come."

"On his own day he is belived and creates Revolution amoug the masses."

cloasters 13th September, 2012 11:07 PM

Maybe we can avoid blood until after I'm in the ground? Perhaps the horror of violence can't be appreciated by those who haven't experienced it on an industrial scale?

chrisbard 13th September, 2012 11:13 PM

necro?

chrisbard 13th September, 2012 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaitain (Post 513553)
Sorry to read that your economy has crashed. Have you tried turning it off and on again?

thats a good one George, good necro tbh

Daniel ~ 15th September, 2012 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robbie (Post 513875)
Yes, you have the right to assemble and protest in PEACE, break that and all bets are off.

So if the cops attack me I lose my right to assembly? If the Museums riot I lose my right to free speech? A right that is constitutionally guaranteed, my right to even odious speech?

I've come to realize that our rights are exactly what we can knock government in the dirt and torture it into saying they are...It is easier to govern if a people have no rights, Government looks always to what is easy for the governing.

Daniel ~ 15th September, 2012 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisbard (Post 519171)
thats a good one George, good necro tbh

Even better for Kaitain! ":O}

cloasters 21st September, 2012 11:33 PM

I confess that I don't really understand what "necro" as referred to by Chrisbard means. Color me stupid if you must, but enlighten me if you can, please.

Daniel ~ 22nd September, 2012 08:00 PM

Necro is short for necromancy, playing with the dead... in this context reviving long passed threads and giving them a short new life. It's ZOMBILAND!!":O}