AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Software > Data Security

Data Security Viruses, Firewalls and Safe computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 20th October, 2007, 03:43 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Experts say issue of click fraud not improving

Written by Daniel
Saturday, 20 October 2007

Experts say issue of click fraud not improving
Industry watchers at Click Forensics say that companies running major online ad networks haven't lived up to their promises to better police against fraudulent traffic
By Matt Hines
October 19, 2007
InfoWorld..... Front Page
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 20th October, 2007, 08:36 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

If this story is true it looks like using some kind of Web ads to get to a company to purchase x is a risky business. If only I understood what "click fraud" is!
Old 21st October, 2007, 03:56 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

some sites (many?) set up software to Auto click their own ads to increase payouts... I want to assure everyone that we simply never thought of this, I guess we thought our readers would take care of that for us...WHAT INNOCENCE!":O}

(Contrary to popular opinion, Over clockers are NOT an energetic people.) This is as close as I can contractually come to complaining about our current state of affairs.

Where in we may not solicit responses from our readers to our ads, While others need not have readers to guarantee those responses... there by defrauding their advertisers and making them less willing to pay decent fees to honest sites.

You see Yahoo and Goggle both make money off these scrams run upon/against those who pay to advertise on sites though their ad services.

Basically the report says that they promised to improve, but forgot to while counting the money....In the mean time, an honest site can only make money if the ads are clicked, not that I would want that!

If I wanted money I would have done the Yahoo thing! I would have done the Goggle thing! I would have asked my partners to install software, only to see them abandon me in mistrust!

What can one say? There is evil in the world and it oppresses honest men everywhere they seek to do the good.

I thank you for your vigulence Yahoo! I praise you for your fair dealings with the world Goggle! You've made it that much easier for small sites to make it in this world.
And to continue to represent those who we became sites to serve.

You've used your positions of power to cheat retailers, honest sites, the retailers customers and the sites membership. Yahoo you support and help the worlds most repressive governments to become MORE oppressive at a greater ease.You rat out those who try to use you to free their people. You are now called before Congress for lying under oath about being the RAT you are Yahoo!

You've used our patronages to become great, you've used your greatness to oppress all of mankind.

This is not just where we came from my brothers, this is where we are going. This is Corporate rule.
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur

Last edited by Daniel ~; 21st October, 2007 at 04:04 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 22nd October, 2007, 10:43 AM
Chief Systems Administrator

Well, it's possible it's other ways around too. There's nothing stopping someone from writing some code that goes and clicks adverts from, say Google, in order to discredit them as an advertising network. I'm sure there are a number of companies who would be more than happy to discredit Google/Yahoo.

There's also the possibility of a company's competitors deliberately clicking on their adverts to increase their cost of marketing.
Old 22nd October, 2007, 03:25 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

The crap is always at lest two feet deeper than Ithought it was...
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur