AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Software > Data Security

Data Security Viruses, Firewalls and Safe computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 30th November, 2007, 04:56 PM
AOA Staff

Arrests made in botnet crackdown

Quote:
Police in New Zealand have questioned a teenager believed to be the ringleader of an international cyber-crime group.
See AOA's front page:
http://www.aoaforums.com/frontpage/content/view/3592/1/

Comments?
Old 30th November, 2007, 06:05 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Ah kids and their toys!

For me this is more about the intentions we raise our kids to harbor than about a kid and his bot net. How did he get this lost before he even left our guiding hands?
When there'a a prison break, we look at the guards as well as the prisoners
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Last edited by Daniel ~; 30th November, 2007 at 06:12 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 30th November, 2007, 08:25 PM
AOA Staff

I wouldn't want to be in his shoes right now...
Old 30th November, 2007, 08:39 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

There are few things that piss me off, but waste is one of them, it always seems so disrespectful. We waste our children by the trainloads....Glad they caught him before worse could happen....Christ! Prison at 18.
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur

Last edited by Daniel ~; 30th November, 2007 at 08:40 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 30th November, 2007, 10:17 PM
AOA Staff

He wasn't justup to mischeif, the word is that he was responsible for skimming some $25,000,000 out of people's banck accounts.
Old 1st December, 2007, 03:41 PM

Send a message via MSN to Samuknow

Dan it is called lazy. Parents have kids but do not know how to be a parent. Part of parenting is checking to see what little Johnny is up to in his (my) room. Everything in my house is mine. I pay for it so there you are. Parents are so hung up on Little Johnny's rights or wrapped up in their own life so much that can't spare the time to actually do the job. It was his choice to do this but, it probably could have been prevented. [/rant]
Old 1st December, 2007, 07:14 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

I bleed for parents, I really do. You get 100 % of the responsibility and 10% control of the situation. You need two parents working. ( most do) You have real talent selling your kids on the all steaming all smelling crap of the universe... On the other hand you dumb smucks voted in Nixon, Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, And Bush.

All men who have proven through their lesilative action that they hate and despise you and your kids. Your been made poorer every year for the last 35 straight years while this country has never been richer.

Our schools and hospitals have never been worse and Coke, Tootsie roll and Mac Donalds decide the curriculum in many of the schools your kids go to... So while I bleed for parents, I also bleed for your kids that you have lacked the wit to take care of as a nation.

How did the Christian Right ever get alined with Haliburton? In my View the Republican party has no right to put forth candidates until they answer this question for themselves, If they answer truthfully the Christian right will forever withdraw from the political arena and see to their religious calling instead of bowing and scraping before the most vile, most evil powers of this world... Did I say to much again? LOL

George Bush, a pillar of Christanity? Give me a freaking break. The C.R. licked the devils ass to prevent gays from being happy and women from makinging their own decisions about their own bodies. These idiots who support Bush, they'er going to tell the rest of us how to live a moral life? They can't even mind their own business.
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur

Last edited by Daniel ~; 1st December, 2007 at 07:22 PM.
Old 4th December, 2007, 04:59 AM
Member/Contributer

10 years, not if convicted in NZ, probably get a telling off, and asked politely not to do it again. Anything more would be police brutality.

Murderers have been know in the past to get out after 10yrs for 'good behavour'

Personally I would slap him in jail for the 10yrs and maybe at the same time have him hired on a decent salary to secure my systems against it. I would then slap his parents in jail for their inability as parents to bring him up with values.

I would personally like for parents to actually be responsible for their kids. Spend the time in jail (in conjunction with their kids jail term if necessary), for their wrong doing. I have seen on TV so many times about poor 'johnny' who was such a good kid, the parents don't know how he got mixed up with that group. Having been on the receiving end of the occasional 'poor johnny' who decided that telling me that I should hand over my money, then putting them in hospital - I should've done the same to the parents.

I not only blame the kid, but mostly the parents

Corsair AX650
Asus P8H77-M PRO
i7 3770 (non K series)
- Noctua NH-L12 Low Profile CPU Cooler
2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X
Sapphire 7970
2 x SanDisk Extreme 120GB RAID 0
Western Digital Green 3TB
Asus Xonar Essence STX
TP Link TL-WN881ND
Fractal Design Arc Mini
- 2x Noctua NF-P12 120mm, 2x Noctua NF-P14 FLX 140mm, NZXT Sentry 2 LCD Fan Controller
Asus ML249H