AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Software > Data Security

Data Security Viruses, Firewalls and Safe computing

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 25th November, 2008, 06:33 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Google Gmail Vulnerability Being Investigated

Written by Daniel
Tuesday, 25 November 2008
A known cross-site scripting glitch could let an attacker hijack messages sent to the victim's Gmail account by redirecting specific messages, says a security researcher.

By Thomas Claburn
InformationWeek
November 24, 2008 07:20 PM

A possible Google (NSDQ: GOOG) Gmail vulnerability that could allow an attacker to turn Gmail's filtering mechanism into a tool for covert information theft appears not to be directly related to a Gmail security flaw that Google fixed last year, according to Google.

[Front Page...]
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 25th November, 2008, 11:10 PM

Once again my 'Things aren't what they seem!' meter just twitched.
Google makes a news report about a security flaw they don't know if they have] Edit: They say they don't have it.[-they can't contact the person that says they have it-and they can't replicate it. WTF?

I've gotten myself in a little hot water before by not reading a report to thorough. I'll go back and read it again.

I guess there are a few things that are somewhat related to make Google want more info from the guy but why throw it to the news? In reality-it's no substance-just sensationalism.
Google says they fixed that flaw. OK, maybe they have just a little doubt or maybe they know you could drive a truck threw it-either way putting it out in the news like this makes my BS meter bounce around a bit.
You security guys will probably shoot me in the foot-but from an ol' farm boy, somtin smells a bit.

1ST * Asus M5A99FX Pro r 2.0 *AMD FX 8350 Black Edition *Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240 CPU Cooler * Crucial 16g DDR3 * MSI Geforce GTX 1050 * Antec 650w* Thermaltake V9 Case
2nd Asus M5A99fx Pro R2.0 Mainboard *AMD FX 4300 Black edition * l6g Crutial DDR3 * Evga Geforce Gt 730 * Coolermaster Dual fan HSF * 500w Thermaltake PSU * 320g western digital HDD

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!